Are these the right wheel nuts for old 4x140 allos
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Are these the right wheel nuts for old 4x140 allos

Hey Guys

Advertisement

Had my wheel fall off my car due to the wrong wheel nuts on my 15" 505 alloys.

Are these the correct wheels nuts for the car?

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/carf3

mud
    Fellow Frogger!

those wheel nuts are the ones that go with the TRX style wheel, which is available in metric size, 300 and something-or-other mm, and imperial 15"......both which came out on the 505

im not sure if there was a differant style 15" wheel made for the 505's someone else can confirm that, it would be easier to give you a definite answer if we could see a picture of the wheel your talking about

Tadpole

Lifted from a post in here somewhere, of what I think is a 15" , as opposed to a 390mm metric rim.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I have seen a picture only of these mags nuts, actually, was not of the split spoke style, rather the flat spoke and hubcap style 15"er. Their washer measured total OD of 29mm !

Were nuts different for any mag wheel produced for the 505 variants?

The 390 is listed by NSW RTA specs as an 82 505 GTD std fitment with 180 wide tyres, not 185 !

Tadpole

Wha...?? So many Pug enthusiasts in here with a lot of good information and Kelossus is left almost high and dry !!

Here is a link to an ebay seller in the UK. Offering a set of 20 cone head nuts for Pug 505 alloys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-50...item45f3b623cb

I have a pair of ecrou roue alu

part # 9606.68
    made in France

Genuine in Citroen/Puegeot packaging

It is one piece, steel, chrome plated

M12 , 1.25 pitch 19mm hex socket required

Starts off as a cone shape for first 5mm or so , then into a taper with a maximum diameter of 29mm

It is a OEM supercession to the original steel with alloy coneand taper washer washer

Bill, from the ebay seller of these nuts, advises the max diameter of his nuts is 23mm using 17mm hex socket nut.

Surely someone in here has tinkerd with the various rims of the old 505 , the 14", 15" and 390mm and found either the nuts are interchangeable or not.

Poor Kelossus .... must have found some alloys to hot up his old Pug, obviously used incorrect wheel nuts to a dangerous end, come in here looking for some advice ....dunno if he has been back ??
    Last edited by frogbike; 8th June 2012 at 09:24 PM.

Thread Information