205GTI Re-wiring question
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205GTI Re-wiring question

Found almost broken wire (first photo)

Found broken wire is attached to funny sized male connector (photo 2 and 3)

Are these connectors still available?

Advertisement

Hoping to keep things original or close to original.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205GTI Re-wiring question-p1090747.jpg   205GTI Re-wiring question-p1090745.jpg   205GTI Re-wiring question-p1090748.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Found almost broken wire (first photo)

Found broken wire is attached to funny sized male connector (photo 2 and 3)

Are these connectors still available?

Hoping to keep things original or close to original.
    http://www.jaydeeautocables.com.au/c..._Catalogue.pdf

Hang in there it will take a while to load depending on your connection speed.

I didn't manage to find that size, it's just a tad smaller than comercially available spades around here. Just solder the wire and heatshrik it, preferably with glue heatshrink. As a bonus, this way you keep the wire number.
    Last edited by schlitzaugen; 28th May 2012 at 04:41 PM.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thanks Robmac.

I did find a what appears to be the same connector on the Jaydee catalogue(see photo). The image of the connector appears to be the same and item H2571 is the correct width, but it takes 1 mm cable. Not sure if will stretch over 2 mm cable. Might be worth checking out.

I received helpful PM which indicated listed an item as Solenoid Blade 6524 V5 A=5 (width) B=1 (I assume this the thickness) 2mm (the cable thickness) which is what I am after. I did some searches last night on the "Solenoid Blade 6524 V5" that it got a mention on some 205GTI Drivers forum discussions, I followed some of those leads, before I ran out of petrol. Still looking.

Thanks schlitzaugen, that's always an option.

Thank you all.

I have to go and finish assembling a small garden shed. Wife happy with shed as it will get the bikes out of sightt, I am happy with more shelf space. I have complete engine, spare block and a gearbox on the garage floor looking for temporary home. Need more space around the car to have room to work on it.

As an aside picked up two 185 x 850 galvanized sheds at Stratco on sale for $189.00 each. I know they are small, but space is at premium and I have a small niche where they can fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 205GTI Re-wiring question-blade-connector-2.jpg  

Thread Information