Looking for 96 S16 Engine mounts and how to
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Looking for 96 S16 Engine mounts and how to

Hi all,

New to forums, I just bought a 96 306 s16 (great car) but it seems to make a ratteling noise on declaration, and idle but is fine on acceleration. Local mech said engine mounts so now i am looking for mounts and a how to change them over.

I have some mechanical skills but are mainly based on motorcycles so bare with me if i seem a bit thick.

Regards Firefox

Advertisement

Tadpole

I'm pretty sure someone will have a better source than this, but I've just ordered a top right hand mount for my 95 S16 off ebay, got it for $55 NZD.
    the top mount is pretty straight forward I'm not sure about the others.

Sweet

EAI should have engine mounts. They didn't have the gearbox one (it is not commonly requested) but I got one of those from P504 services.

The lower one (drivers side) apparently needs a press to get out, and you need to take the driveshaft out as well, so that is a bit of a PITA. The near side one is on the gearbox and you need to take out the battery box and the battery boxes mounting plate to get at it.

Top one (right side) not sure about but as long as you have the right size orx bits doesn't look like it would be too much trouble.

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

I am having the same problem with my GTi6, when decelerating into a left turn the car makes a horrible clunking noise. IT only happens when I am making a left turn and it sounds like it is coming from the back left wheel.

Any advice?

Thread Information