Minor service on 1992 205 Si.
  • Register
  • Help
    Banned

Default Minor service on 1992 205 Si.

I had a go at a minor service on the 205 Si pug today. It took longer than I anticipated thanks to an oil filted that was buried deep in the engine. After unpluging parts of the loom, removing a fuel and cooling hose she finaly revealed herself.

Advertisement

After some straining I got the oil filter on and changed the spark plugs while I was at it. The spark plugs looked well worn and one of them had some carbon deposited on it. What does this say about the motor?

Ive ordered an air filter from peugeot which I will install tommorrow and then the leads, will follow next week.

I have also bought some fresh coolant, any tips on where I should drain the radiator?
    I will also try and find the O2 sensor while I have her up on the ramp tommorow. Any hints where I should look?

I will also change the gear box oil but ive done this before on her. I filled it up by the breather hole last time with 2 litres of gear box oil.

Once all this work is complete willl give her a clean and post some photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Minor service on 1992 205 Si.-205-003.jpg   Minor service on 1992 205 Si.-205-002.jpg   Minor service on 1992 205 Si.-205-004.jpg  

Banned

A fresh air filter should solve the problem of carbon on one of the spark plugs.

I found the plug for the raidiator but only 3 litres came out. there must be more involved in draining the cooling system than simply unscrewing the plug. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Minor service on 1992 205 Si.-hg-001.jpg   Minor service on 1992 205 Si.-hg-002.jpg   Minor service on 1992 205 Si.-hg-003.jpg  

There is a drain plug at the back of the engine just above the bottom engine mount, on the end of the connector piece for the two hoses that go to the inside heater and the expansion bottle respectively. The drain plug takes an Allen key 8mm from memory. Take it easy because it's all aluminium and can snap easily. Or plastic. Which can snap easily.

You could alternatively unclamp the hose under the chassis rail on the RHS.

Undo the bleeder at the top of the hose that goes to the heater too, and the one at the top of the engine, near cylinder #1.

Don't forget to open the heater tap (turn heat on) and take the expansion bottle cap off too.

This should drain most of the coolant.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Thread Information