Peugeot 306 S16 Fuse box and others
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot 306 S16 Fuse box and others

Hi, I've just bought a 306 S16 and noticed a few of the relays (and possibly fuses) missing, I wondering if anyone could tell me which ones need to be there etc.

Also I'm changing the cambelt and noticed before removing the old one the belt seems pretty loose, I know this needs an electronic device to check the tension but everywhere I've read says you can check the tension with your fingers

any help at all would be much appreciated!
    I'll post more photos of a step by step changing of the cambelt when I'm done for anyone wanting to do the same.

Cheers

Advertisement

Rule of thumb for timing belt tension. If you can twist the belt 90 degees on the longest point between pulleys, it's right.
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

The first two pics aren't working..... Are you talking about the fuse box or under the bonnet?

Both have empty relay spaces, can't remember if there are any fuses missing though. Mine had empty spots since I got it at 18 months old. Probably for things like seat heaters (which aren't present in aus deliveries as far as I know) or possibly just a generic fuse box used on multiple different cars and they only fill it up as much as is needed for the particular model.

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Tadpole

Hey thanks heaps for the advice on the cambelt, yeah I'll post the photo again hopefully it'll work, you can see a wire joining two connections where a relay should be.

Tadpole

also what service do you guys use to upload photos? I did these on imageshack but they're being removed for some reason.

Just upload the pics to the forum direct (click the go advanced button under the edit box)

I'll take a look tonight. wire jumpering across the relay does seem a bit dodgy!

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Tadpole

Thanks heaps

I took the fuse panel off on the weekend, I definitely have one more relay and a bunch more fuses. I'll take a pic tonight and upload.

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

ok here are the pics of my relays/fuse box. I think the bottom row is just spares. Your fuse box actually looks a bit different to mine so I'm not sure a comparison is possible... Maybe just that I took it in the dark with flash...

edit: I changed to a wide angle lens and took a better shot with bumped up exposure. Still looks like the two fuse boxes are actually different. What year model is yours? Mine is Oct 94 build (which is the first of the MK II's.

Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Peugeot 306 S16 Fuse box and others-dsc_0830.jpg   Peugeot 306 S16 Fuse box and others-dsc_0831.jpg   Peugeot 306 S16 Fuse box and others-dsc_0833.jpg  
    Last edited by Wintermute; 12th June 2012 at 10:13 PM.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Thread Information