Should I replace rear bumper on 307 after low speed hit?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Should I replace rear bumper on 307 after low speed hit?

Hi folks,

Advertisement

I got hit from behind at fairly low speed (probably 5kmh?) in our 307 sw the other day in traffic (common in Rome!). The bumper looks ok, but on checking later there seems to be some "gap" or space when I press on the outer plastic - it goes in a few cm that I dont remember before. I guess some foam or something behind the plastic may have been compressed?

Should I replace the bumper?

I havent had time to get underneath it and look properly or take it for inspection yet. Just wondering whether there is some general advice on replacing bumpers after low speed crashes. We can claim against the other drivers insurance, but it didnt look damaged from the outside at the time so they may question it.

Look forward to useful advice.
    Thanks,
    Adam

There's a metal bumper behind the plastic cover. It's probably made of aluminium (same as the front bumber which you can see behind the grill).

Chances are that this is now bent. They are expensive!
    Have a good look from underneath.

I'd recommend having it replaced - if it's the other driver's insurance and it costs you nothing that is!

Tadpole

Default Should I replace rear bumper on 307 after low speed hit?

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your advice.

I did get out to the local Peugeot dealer yesterday and the recommendation (not surprisingly) was to get it replaced. I will start the process......

PS Lots of nice new 208's in the dealer, and even a 508 RXH (but not the hybrid - looking forward to seeing one of those, but doubt I'll get to own one - maybe a drive through Peugeot Mu rental system one day...)

Adam

Thread Information