504 weather strips
  • Register
  • Help
    skp
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 504 weather strips

Can anyone tell me where I can order some weather strips for both front and rear doors?
    To be really picky, I would like them with the original flocking on the inner surface facing the glass.
    If not I can get the flocking applied here...

Thanks,

skp

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Scott's old auto rubber list both the bailey channel and weather strip. I haven't ordered them so I can't say about the flocking. Would be interested to hear from anyone who has done it though as I need to tackle the job at some stage too.
    '96 Peugeot 405 SRDT Station Wagon

'71 Peugeot 504 GL - gone

'91 Peugeot 205si - gone

i too will be undertaking this job shortly and have been looking around, there is a company called UES which i am seeing on monday, just have to take a sample in to see if they can match it up but they should be able to help you out, check out there website uesint.com if you know what ya after, i still havnt taken my sills off yet so i dont know yet, they are located in each state.

hope this helps

I will probably be in the market for similar this year... got a couple of 504's to love!

Alex, I'm keen to share over head costs (production runs, bulk buy savings, postage etc) for parts that go with LTIs; we might have the only two in Perth!

Blade

Default 504 Weatherstrips.

Good day skp. I have just brought in a set of weatherstrips off of ebay,fr. They were to be for a 504 sedan but sadly , no. The top edge falls about 2 mm short of touching the glass. But hey , it looks good! They also didn't have the flocking on.
    Peugeot originally sold these with the rubber strip mounted in the s.s. strip. But I am sure that that supply has well and truly dried up.
    I am now looking at a rubber for a Citroen SM , it will clamp in the strip ok and the top edge is a tad higher and the flocking will need to be applied. I should have a result in four to five weeks.
    I would love to see the tool you made up. Graham

skp
    Fellow Frogger!

Hmmm... Your mentioning a Citroen SM leads me to think that I know you..... and that I am doing this search FOR you !!!

I'll take the suggestion and look at Scott's..

SKP ( as in STUART !!)

Good day Stuart Yes indeed it is I. And here I was passing it off as though I knew everything about this subject when all I was doing was passing on what you had told me over lunch. I 've been found out!
    But thanks Stuart , for bringing this subject up on aussiefrogs.
    I have rung Scott's this morning and they do not have the original cross section but do have a section that is similiar but needs a bit of trimming , and without the flocking. ( Part # 231.001 ). I think that that SM section will be worth a go. Graham.

No luck today. Have seen Woodsies , Scotts , UES and nothing appears quite right. Either will not reach over to the glass or will require trimming to remove an extra lip. Would like to try the SM , and get it flocked.

Fellow Frogger!

The weatherstripping, and rubber in general, is a significant challenge with the 504. The only success I've had is the junkyard. Dont know what wrecked 504 availability in oz is like but here in the states (California) 3-4 pop up per year, and of these most have decent window weather stripping that can be taken off (carefully and with some effort, left attached to the chrome piece) and re-installed directly. Done this many times and there are a few tricks - if your interested let me know

Good day rpieper. Thanks for your reply.You bring up a good point. Maybe I should put in a standing order for a full set from a yard. I will wait untill I can try a sample of the SM. I have made up a tool that hooks onto the inside edge but I find the outside edge also requires "easing". Graham.

Fellow Frogger!

I find that all the 504s in Australia have stuffed weather stripping. Unless they have been garaged most of their life the sun kills them really quick. I've managed to get door rubbers out of Argentina via ebay, but I'm yet to see any outer weather stripping which my needs badly.

If anyone has success in this, let us know!!
    Lets just say we have a few pugs about!

Thread Information