Bilstein B4 for 205 gti
  • Register
  • Help

Default Bilstein B4 for 205 gti

Hi,

I have an very closed to 100% stock car with stock ride height. I am considering getting a new set of shocks for the GTI as part of a complete overhaul to the car's suspension (rear beam, top mounts, track rods, bushes, etc). Does anyone here runs Bilstein B4's? If so what is your experience with them? Any other recommended shocks for a stock standar setup?

Advertisement

im running them in my 205 its hard to judge them because i have them fitted with eibach springs 30mm lower. when i took them from the box and pushed them up and down they certainly feel slightly stiffer than the std peugeot struts which in my case almost had no resistance. i think the b4's are double action also.

for the price and the quality if you going for a close to std feel i wouldnt fit anything else other than geniune stuff which is expensive.

kam racing in uk were doing them very cheap a while back i think mine were around $220 au landed

Quote Originally Posted by djvu205 View Post
    im running them in my 205 its hard to judge them because i have them fitted with eibach springs 30mm lower. when i took them from the box and pushed them up and down they certainly feel slightly stiffer than the std peugeot struts which in my case almost had no resistance. i think the b4's are double action also.

for the price and the quality if you going for a close to std feel i wouldnt fit anything else other than geniune stuff which is expensive.

kam racing in uk were doing them very cheap a while back i think mine were around $220 au landed
    I am looking at this as well, but could not find anywhere to buy new OEM. If you know where to get them from, please let us know. Just don't send me back to my local peugeot dealer. They want my VIN number and when I give it to them, their system doesn't recognise it although they sold the car new.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Last time I enquired at Pug dealer they were about $ 600 a strut I think.

Schitzo I think you will need a Series 3 or 1991 onwards VIN Number to get part details on Servicebox as they don't seem to list earlier model GTIs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ch View Post
    Last time I enquired at Pug dealer they were about $ 600 a strut I think.

Schitzo I think you will need a Series 3 or 1991 onwards VIN Number to get part details on Servicebox as they don't seem to list earlier model GTIs.
    Oh. Bummer. I think you might be right. But the cretinoid didn't tell me that (he didn't try to help at all, just kept saying that my VIN is not a 205, as if he knew better), even though I told him my car was a 1987 model. So now my question is is the suspension the same on my car and the later cars?
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

or you could try your local peugeot dealer

Thread Information