Servicing 307 2l HDI
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Servicing 307 2l HDI

Hello,

Advertisement

I've finally been given the task of servicing my Mother's 307 2l HDi wagon, the factory seems to not change oil on them for over 30,000km's, but demands services inbetween. Is there anything special I should be doing on it versus other cars? I will be changing the oil a lot more more frequently then factory does...

Penrite seem to have a Euro V diesel oil, and as far as gearbox oil and timing belts etc, when are they done?

Quote Originally Posted by Veeque View Post
    Hello,

I've finally been given the task of servicing my Mother's 307 2l HDi wagon, the factory seems to not change oil on them for over 30,000km's, but demands services inbetween. Is there anything special I should be doing on it versus other cars? I will be changing the oil a lot more more frequently then factory does...

Penrite seem to have a Euro V diesel oil, and as far as gearbox oil and timing belts etc, when are they done?
    Negative, ghost rider - Peugeot Australia recommend 20k/12mth servicing intervals.

Refer to this page for the schedule:

Service Intervals

ACEA C2 or C3 oil spec to protect the particle filter from clogging up.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

If it will be used mainly in town and short runs then I would change the oil and oil filter at least every 10,000 kms. Fuel and air filter every 20,000. Brake fluid and coolant every 40,000. On top of all that regular greasing of door, bonnet and boot hinges, checking condition of shaft boots, brake discs and brake pads + bush play on linkages / tracking.

I would recommend chaning the fan belt every 60k. The timing belt as per manual but it pays dividends to do it sooner

A good coat of wax at least every 2 months. Good excercise too like in the Karate Kid, "Buff on, then Buff Off"....

Do not skimp on the oil [ Low Ash like Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 ] and parts. Always get the best.

Note: Never, Never overfill the oil. If anything do not fill above 9/10ths on the dipstick.

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    Note: Never, Never overfill the oil. If anything do not fill above 9/10ths on the dipstick.
    had an rcz come in with 5 litres of oil...on top of the 5.3 or so its meant to have in it!
    The wrong oil is better than no oil at all.

Thread Information