405SRDT Estate Drive Shaft
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405SRDT Estate Drive Shaft

Want to replace the Rubber Boot on gearbox side of drive shaft and need to know how the Three rollers at the end of the spline on the drive shaft are attached. It looks like pins and if so can they be knocked out with a punch . Or do I go to plan B and remove the good rubber boot the other end and slide the new one on first. Any tips?

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Default Trying

To get my head around what you are asking ,so you have pulled the shaft leaving part of the CV in the diff ,so what you have on the end of the shaft is a 3 way boss with rollers on ,the boss with the rollers on will just knock off the shaft past that spring clip ,put some tape around so you dont end up with needle rollers everwhere, put the new boot on ,tap it back on bobs your uncle ,just went out the shed to find one ,make sure i wasnt talking crap ,could only find an MI one and it dousnt have a clip so im not sure ,but it should just push off the shaft .PUGS

Tadpole

Thanks. No clip on the shaft. was a bit uncertain and didn't want to damage the rollers so went for Plan B. Will check when I do up a spare shaft I am getting soon. Noticed the Estate drive shaft larger diameter than the sedan but the ends are similar.

1000+ Posts

Default Thicker shaft for diesel [more torque]

I also have a wagon ,diesel, just put another motor in it but removed the shafts complete ,should be the same deal on the other end, pugs

Thread Information