adjust 604 seat height?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default adjust 604 seat height?

I always like the drivers seat higher than most other people, and now I find that drivers seat in the 604 is a bit low for me. The front of it is about right but I would love to raise the back of it 1/2 an inch. I don't think that the seat is collapsing because it had on my previous 604 so I know what that feels like. Mine only has 41,000 miles on it.

The thing is that it doesn't look easy on a 604 because the rails are bolted sideways onto the sill and transmission tunnel, not to the floor like most older cars. If I made up some spacer plates the aperture would become too narrow by the width of the plates.

Anyone else thought about this or successfully done anything?

Advertisement

I m 6' 4" (6 0 4, get it )... so dont have that problem... I think you ll struggle finding an easy solution due to seat rail design... maybe a spacer set up not at rail end but at seat base end...

You know there are cushions out there...

dino

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

the seat naturally rises as it comes forward

have you tried sitting the seat one notch forward from your normal position to see what it's like there ?

i do know the early cars had different seats from the ones we got here so i'm not sure if anything else underneath is different either
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo View Post
    have you tried sitting the seat one notch forward from your normal position to see what it's like there ?
    yes I have.
    I think I have proportionally longer legs and a shorter body than normal people
    typically I have to put the seat quite a long way back (to the limit on some cars) so that my legs and feet are comfortable, and then put the seat up as high as it will go to get a good view out

Quote Originally Posted by dieselnutjob View Post
    yes I have.
    I think I have proportionally longer legs and a shorter body than normal people
    typically I have to put the seat quite a long way back (to the limit on some cars) so that my legs and feet are comfortable, and then put the seat up as high as it will go to get a good view out

dino

Default Ce'st possible

I raised mined,made driving so much nicer,take carpet out,the two slide rails are held by 10 mm bolts/nut,loosen front ones raise rear end by an inch,resecure in new position.I dont recall exactly,I think used good guage brackets,about inch and half ,drill brackets and secure with quality nut/bolt.

Default also

Forgot to mention,I used a 1cm spacer beneath the front pivot point [the section that secures on driver floor pan],you can get from hardware/auto store,its basically a nut with a stud type top section.its safer to use than just putting washers as not much threads are left.
    Also used an arm rest out of a BMW E 32 5 series,both these modifications transformed driving,kinda Range Rover feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails adjust 604 seat height?-103.jpg  

Fellow Frogger!

I remember that Dennis Edwards raised the height of his passenger seat in his 504 significantly (the 504 seats are also bolted to the sides as opposed to the floor like a 604). He's a member of the Peugeot Car Club of Victoria, so it may be worth trying to get in touch with him through the club.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by dieselnutjob View Post
    I always like the drivers seat higher than most other people, and now I find that drivers seat in the 604 is a bit low for me. The front of it is about right but I would love to raise the back of it 1/2 an inch. I don't think that the seat is collapsing because it had on my previous 604 so I know what that feels like. Mine only has 41,000 miles on it.

The thing is that it doesn't look easy on a 604 because the rails are bolted sideways onto the sill and transmission tunnel, not to the floor like most older cars. If I made up some spacer plates the aperture would become too narrow by the width of the plates.

Anyone else thought about this or successfully done anything?
    If you get a decent upholsterer to just lift the bottom cover off and put a layer of 20 or 25mm foam under it that will make the world of difference. Had one of mine done recently and he only charged $60. Tried all sorts of cushions but no good. I always have trouble with seats and even on our new one I lifted to rails at the back 16mm to change the rake. They bolt to the floor though.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Thread Information