Peugeot 407
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Peugeot 407

Banned

Default Peugeot 407

Hi can I please have some info on the 2004 Peuget 407 as I have seen a 4 cylinder one on ebay and it seems very cheap. can be seen at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180870439...84.m1555.l2649

why is it so cheap does anyone here own one?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Citroencar View Post
    Hi can I please have some info on the 2004 Peuget 407 as I have seen a 4 cylinder one on ebay and it seems very cheap. can be seen at http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180870439...84.m1555.l2649

why is it so cheap does anyone here own one?

The auction has over 3 days to go as from today 29 April so it may not be so cheap but you never know.

From the photos it has inconsistant panel gaps on the front and the front and rear bumpers have been resprayed. The rear right [ drivers ] wing where it meets the rear bumper looks a bit suspect and whoever did the paintwork got the lacquer thickness wrong hence the different shades. There is always some variance of the shade of the bumpers to the bodywork but not this much. I use to spray / restore classic cars and can spot a paint job a mile away.

There is also a dimple on the rear bumper on the tow hook cap which may indicate that the bumper support bar and tow hook thread may have taken a knock at some stage.

Silver is always a difficult colour to match up, not the base paint itself but the combination of the paint and lacquer. Even a few microns out on the thickness of the lacquer will result in a different shade. Cheap respray's have inconsistent lacquer thickness and the blending of other panels will stand out on this colour.

As far as the rest of the car is concerned you really have to find out who has been servcicing the car and how often. Bills that show parts used and type of oil will be a good indicator. The automatic gearbox needs to be without fault.

The dilema here is that ideally you want an RACV inspection before purchasing but its an auction so even if it checks out after you have paid for the inspection you may not win the bid. So if you can you should inpect the car yourself with a mate whpo knows what to look for.

The 407 is a good car but like with any other car it will only be as good as the service and care it has recieved. The trick is to find all that out.

Good Luck !

Thread Information