505 Historic Rallycar FIA Document, Gearbox?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 505 Historic Rallycar FIA Document, Gearbox?

Hey, have a friend who is considering building a Historic Rally Car, 505 ti or sti 1995cc or 2165cc, he has FIA documents of 505 with 2165cc engine, with bla different final drives, bigger brakes, and more. With that he finds nothing of gearbox is not a close ratio gearbox Classified at 505?
    He also has FIA documents the 504 Berline, even find anything about close ratio gearbox in Berline, he has not received all the documents?
    504 Coupe which is close ratio gearbox with the documents.
    Someone who knows, maybe Thanos?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Douvrin504 View Post
    Hey, have a friend who is considering building a Historic Rally Car, 505 ti or sti 1995cc or 2165cc, he has FIA documents of 505 with 2165cc engine, with bla different final drives, bigger brakes, and more. With that he finds nothing of gearbox is not a close ratio gearbox Classified at 505?
    He also has FIA documents the 504 Berline, even find anything about close ratio gearbox in Berline, he has not received all the documents?
    504 Coupe which is close ratio gearbox with the documents.
    Someone who knows, maybe Thanos?
    The 504 homologation papers do include the close gear ratio gearbox. But even if they did not, according to the FIA rules for group 2 and group 4 historic cars the gear ratios are free. The gearbox must be the same, but he can make different gears for it.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks Thanos, the ratio of the different gears are free to choose ...
    I'm looking right now for a BA 10/5 for Douvrin Engine rebuilding, but not easy to find.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Douvrin504 View Post
    Thanks Thanos, the ratio of the different gears are free to choose ...
    I'm looking right now for a BA 10/5 for Douvrin Engine rebuilding, but not easy to find.
    Yes, we only got the BA7/5 here with the Douvrin, the BA10/5 came out in the early 2 litre STis in Europe.
    I have just got my 505 rally car on the road, going very well with just a mildly worked engine.
    Graham

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

If the data is worth it, here, the 2.2 wagons imported from france (and with theoretical destination USA) were fitted with BA10/5 gearboxes. Which is strange, as the BA10 says on its manual that is not ment to be used with a solid (live?) rear axle, and the wagon, obviously is this type.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Molerpa View Post
    If the data is worth it, here, the 2.2 wagons imported from france (and with theoretical destination USA) were fitted with BA10/5 gearboxes. Which is strange, as the BA10 says on its manual that is not ment to be used with a solid (live?) rear axle, and the wagon, obviously is this type.

Regards,
    Yes, they won't fit as the rear mount won't fit around the back of the box.
    If they do exist it would be worth seeing if the mount is available anywhere, may be similar to a 4 speed auto wagon rear mount.
    Graham

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

When my friend (that owns a GLS 2.2i for american market) is available (and when I get back to Argentina) I'll try to take some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

Thread Information