A chance find at a Market & $50 later.....
  • Register
  • Help

Default A chance find at a Market & $50 later.....

...I'm the owner of these really cool Marchal Spot/driving lights!

Sitting on a trestle table amoungst a few old tools, crockery & bric-a-brac (crap). I only walked through the Market by chance, to get from where I parked my car to get coffee. Seller had picked them up from a Garage sale, and didn't really know much about them..... They appear to be new - particularly as they came in the original boxes - but some of the chrome has started to deteriorate - although the reflectors are very good. Missing one globe, but they're pretty good, and would restore magnificantly if I could be bothered....

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A chance find at a Market &  later.....-p4220090.jpg   A chance find at a Market &  later.....-p4220091.jpg   A chance find at a Market &  later.....-p4220092.jpg   A chance find at a Market &  later.....-p4220093.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wombat200 View Post
    ...I'm the owner of these really cool Marchal Spot/driving lights!

Sitting on a trestle table amoungst a few old tools, crockery & bric-a-brac (crap). I only walked through the Market by chance, to get from where I parked my car to get coffee. Seller had picked them up from a Garage sale, and didn't really know much about them..... They appear to be new - particularly as they came in the original boxes - but some of the chrome has started to deteriorate - although the reflectors are very good. Missing one globe, but they're pretty good, and would restore magnificantly if I could be bothered....
    Paint the protuberances pink!

That will certainly make people look.

Good find Rob, rare as rockinghorse poo these days.

bloody hell... what a coincidence... I ll be darned.

I dropped in at the Cheltenham Rotary market this morning after tennis... I like to go for a stroll with my son... anyway I saw the lights... no price as far as I remember... looked excellent bar the little bit of chrome coming off at the back of one... I looked for the stall holder but he was busy talking to somebody else... so I thought what the hell... not like they are going to sell straight away, I ll come back... So I went for a stroll planning to return back (he was located near the IGA side of market - near the side lane)... So anyway,... we come back and they were no longer there... Bugger, I thought...
    I m glad they ve gone to a good home...

dino

Sorry Dino

Yeah, it was cheltenham. Funny thing was, I saw them & asked him about the price - then had to go & get the cash! Came back 40 mins later & also had trouble finding the guy, but by that point at least I knew who I was looking for..... Must have only missed them by a few minutes, mate!

Rob - You make me laugh! Even I hadn't thought of that

Que Sera, Sera... its all good... certainly a great score... WELL DONE.

by the way, there is a coffee shop around the corner... "in demand" or something or other (I forget)... Its run by a couple of "bosnian" guys... GREAT COFFEE and excellent service... give it a shot if you havent already...

dino

Is the coffee shop on Charman Rd? I know most of the places there, as I only work around the corner, but there have been a couple close / reopen lately.... I usually go to Peaberrys. I'll look out for it

Thread Information