205 GTi springs - where to buy?
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 GTi springs - where to buy?

Hey all,

Advertisement

Does anyone know where to order standard 205 GTi springs from? It seems quite difficult to get your hands on standard ones. Even if it is ordering from overseas. I just can't find anywhere online.

1000+ Posts

see Fish on here...he should have some. Failing that i have a set of new Eibach going for sale.
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

It does look like I will need aftermarket lowered ones....
    Will they sit in the standard shocks nicely?

i have some std gti springs if your interested. theres a place in Adelaide that resets them too. i had a set done last year or so, $90 to reset. just reset the std springs 25 - 30mm lower and you will have the best of both worlds.

other than that you would need to import some springs from uk, or JR's offer might be best?

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bibendum View Post
    It does look like I will need aftermarket lowered ones....
    Will they sit in the standard shocks nicely?

Yes, they sure do.
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

$90 is excellent pricing to reset the springs. I'm not trying to spoil your sale JR, but I'd take the std ones and get them reset. A much better product overall. The Eibach springs are crap with OEM shocks in my opinion.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Resetting would be ideal except the current springs were cut by a previous owner. I bought the car knowing this but didn't realise how bad the ride quality would be. So I now just want comfort by getting stock springs and putting it to the way nature intended it.

Fellow Frogger!

have a pair of gti front springs, reset 40 mm lower, never used since reset, so as new,painted black, 140 plus post and they are yours, regards fisher, thanks Roy aka JR. Have pair of complete gti struts at 150 the pair, might have a pair of gti standards springs handy but have to check.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
    $90 is excellent pricing to reset the springs. I'm not trying to spoil your sale JR, but I'd take the std ones and get them reset. A much better product overall. The Eibach springs are crap with OEM shocks in my opinion.

No....it doesnt sound like it !
    jr20516v

Now:

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bibendum View Post
    Resetting would be ideal except the current springs were cut by a previous owner. I bought the car knowing this but didn't realise how bad the ride quality would be. So I now just want comfort by getting stock springs and putting it to the way nature intended it.

"As nature intended it" the Eibachs are 30% stiffer so will not do the job for you if you are wanting factory comfort as you say.
    The above comments by Peter are based on driving one car at the time [see previous posts ] as i have driven many 205's with Eibachs and standard dampers with great handling shown. [they are actually standard on many Euro cars ]

With all cases the dampers HAVE to be good condition otherwise no set of springs will seem to work to their optimum.

Fish: no worries ...glad to help :}
    jr20516v

Now:

Fellow Frogger!

i put a set of gti struts in the wifes auto SI, ex JR, and i couldnt believe the handling improvment, like a different car, right sporty, so springs aint just springs.

Is there a model number for the lowered eibach springs so when i order from the UK i know which ones to order. Too many different models over there.

Thread Information