Peugeot 307 Petrol Fuel Filter Help?
  • Register
  • Help
    Glo
    Tadpole

Default Peugeot 307 Petrol Fuel Filter Help?

Hi,

I need to change the fuel filter but I cannot find it's location in my Peugeot 307 (not HDI) 2 lt Petrol engine 2002 model. I have looked everywhere from under the tank, near the wheels both sides, and under the hood. Where did they hide it?
    The new one I have is a silver colored EFI filter.

Advertisement

They don't have one. Only the very late of the very last 307's (aust market) got a filter, which is situated on top of the tank next to the sender ring.
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Glo
    Tadpole

Thanks for the reply, would there be any problems if I was to modify the fuel system? I could cut the fuel line and insert a fuel filter somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Glo View Post
    Thanks for the reply, would there be any problems if I was to modify the fuel system? I could cut the fuel line and insert a fuel filter somewhere.
    Technically, no. Installation of a filter will not alter how the fuel system operates.

Practically, yes. All the fuel lines in your car are plastic with quick fit connectors. Making splicing a filter a difficult job to do properly.

Dodgily you could cut the plastic lines and use rubber efi hose and hose clamps to insert the filter. But in practice its not really that safe. You could replace the lines front to back with rubber EFI hose, but the outlet on pump and inlet on rail are plastic and designed for a quickfit connector not a hose clamp, possibly not sealing correctly or crushing under tension of the hose clamp. Thirdly, you could source the fuel hoses from a dealer for a later model car with a filter, but without a vin number for a car with the filter the chances of the parts interpreter wanting to help you significantly drop off. It wouldn't be a cheap option either.
    2006 Peugeot 206 Xt
    1991 Toyota mx83 grande 1jzgte

Thread Information