505 SLI exhaust and torque compatibility with 504
  • Register
  • Help

Default 505 SLI exhaust and torque compatibility with 504

Hi guys!

I'm currently in negotiations for parts, and am able to acquire some exhaust bits and a torque tube for not much money. I'm also looking at a 505 SRD Turbo to use while working on the 504s.

Exhaust
    My question is, are 505 exhaust components compatible with 504s? (GL or LTI). How much work is required to make them fit? (also, 505 diesel vs SLI?)

Advertisement

Torque tube
    If a 504 LTI has a BA7/5, is there much point using the SLI torque tube and diff? I'm liking the idea of the diff, as i imagine it is better suited than the 504 auto diff. Would the 505 torque tube be better suited to this mating?

505 SRD Turbo
    Things to look out for? What are common diesel failings? Common 505 failings?

Any advice would be great!
    Thanks guys!

Fellow Frogger!

Fred
    I am sure I put a 505 exhaust on my 504.

I believe you will need to fit the late torque tube to the 504 so the 7/5 will match up.....pugnut1 got caught out here. Only the later 504s have the correct mating points.

I used the 505 4.1 diff but mine was not an LTI.
    A normal carby 3.89 diff may suit your needs ?

Bob

a Ba7/5 will bolt up with no dramas. ba10 has a different seal in the rear extension housing. ive had no drama putting ba7/5 in 504's nothing to change bar the gear lever if early 504. have done this a number of times pm me if you want more information

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by FedGrapes View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm currently in negotiations for parts, and am able to acquire some exhaust bits and a torque tube for not much money. I'm also looking at a 505 SRD Turbo to use while working on the 504s.

Exhaust
    My question is, are 505 exhaust components compatible with 504s? (GL or LTI). How much work is required to make them fit? (also, 505 diesel vs SLI?)

Torque tube
    If a 504 LTI has a BA7/5, is there much point using the SLI torque tube and diff? I'm liking the idea of the diff, as i imagine it is better suited than the 504 auto diff. Would the 505 torque tube be better suited to this mating?

505 SRD Turbo
    Things to look out for? What are common diesel failings? Common 505 failings?

Any advice would be great!
    Thanks guys!
    If you have got a big bore rear system with the triple pipes it won't fit as the 504 track is not wide enough and it hits the tyre.
    Graham

Thread Information