405 SRDT idle problem?
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 405 SRDT idle problem?

My 405 SRDT factory idle is meant to be at 800rpm. The fast idle (choke) has been disconnected for a while as not reqd, so having set the idle to 800rpm when hot, the car upon starting cold will idle at 800rpm then after 30sec-1min it will shoot up to 1000-1100rpm and stay there most of the day. So i let it sit until reached 80-90deg c and the idle dropped back to 800. As the car never hardly ever gets to or over 70deg c normal driving, it is idling too high all day. Is there another temp sensor somewhere or something with the fuel pump im missing as it driving me mad as connot get it a to constant 800rpm.
    Mark

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

Default idle speed

when i had the pump set up the guy asked me what the idle speed was and set it up accordingly ,on the test bench ,how are you adjusting it ,on the lever stop,iv never played with it as it was set up to go ,on the bench ,PUGS

Tadpole

Just adj the idle screw , with 10mm socket to lock. all the rest are painted and not touched.
    regardles of the idle prob it drives lovely.
    Last edited by 405srdt; 13th April 2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: edit

Tadpole

Default 405 SRDT idle problem (SOLVED)

I finally found that the fuel pump setting on the Anti Stall adjustment was way off, wound up too much. I adjusted it to factory settings, 1mm gap with +50rpm and all good now.
    Idling now much cleaner and smoother, like she should.
    Last edited by 405srdt; 15th April 2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: edit

Thread Information