where to get 14mm ID oil hose?
  • Register
  • Help

Default where to get 14mm ID oil hose?

OK so I've been drawing a blank trying to get a replacement hose for my S16. It's the hose that goes from the rocker cover to the block. I've measured the fittings and they are ~14mm. The hose that came off it is 14mm ID as well (but maybe it has stretched).

It seems 13mm (most commonly 12.7mm) and 16mm are common, but 14mm is not. Repco had some 15mm oil cooler hose but I thought it would be too loose (maybe it would be fine?)

I searched pirtek's catalouge and drew a blank. I've seen 14mm ID fuel hose on ebay UK but I'd like to get something local.

I'm also going to need to get some 22mm ID hose, as when I tried to take off the oil filler hose (because I wanted to clean out all of the carbon deposits in it) it broke off just above where it connected

I've been to repco, autobarn, and supercheap. Supercheap had some 14mm ID hose but it was radiator hose so I'm not sure I should use it.

Tony.

Advertisement
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Banned

tony, pardon my idle question, and in no way questioning wanting to get the right part, but can you just push a bit harder and make 13mm hose do the job?

regards
    alexander.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    tony, pardon my idle question, and in no way questioning wanting to get the right part, but can you just push a bit harder and make 13mm hose do the job?

regards
    alexander.
    Think imperial.

9/16 hose should be pretty easy to find.

You could even go ebay bling if you wanted - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AN10-10AN...item35b76ff6ec

Sure if it'll go on Bit of hot water might help too... I might even have some half inch heater hose in the cupboard which I could use as a test.

The fittings the hose goes onto are steel so there should be no problem with using a bit of force, I'd be much more hesitant if it were the plastic bits I was trying to force it on to...

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

ah I'm so used to everything being metric on the pug I didn't look for any imperial sizes... off to google again thanks

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Looks like 13mm should be fine I didn't have any 1/2 heater hose (must be with the morris) but did have some 19mm heater hose and it fits perfectly on the 20mm fittings, so 13mm onto 14mm fittings should be fine. I've also found some hose that should do for the 22mm from enzed. If it's not too expensive I might replace all of the 19mm stuff at the same time as well (assuming I can buy it in small lengths by the Metre).

the 213-10 would do nicely for the 13mm hose too

Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails where to get 14mm ID oil hose?-19mm.png   where to get 14mm ID oil hose?-22mm.jpg  
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

You can't get OEM anymore?

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Unfortunately not in Aus. I found one site in the UK that has ONE of the hoses. There are a lot of parts (mainly hoses) for the S16 that are no longer manufactured, no longer available. You can't get radiator hoses or heater hoses for the S16 for example.

Speedo cable is another that's no longer available, but luckily I was able to get one from the UK.

Tony.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

OK so I went to enzed, the pipes I showed were WAY to stiff, no way I could get them to go where I wanted to. In the end I went to Rocket at Huntingwood and got some aeroflow- AF-460-16 and AF-460-10 which are the correct size and flexible enough that I shouldn't have any problems routing the hoses where they need to go. Aparently you can get a spiral to go inside if you need to bend it to a tighter radius to stop the hose colapsing.

I decided to leave well enough alone for the 19mm for the moment as the hose isn't cheap, and I'd probably need 2M of the 19mm stuff.

Pic of the hoses attached.

Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails where to get 14mm ID oil hose?-dsc_0611.jpg  
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

First hose installed (this was the 14mm ID one)

I cut it a bit short (was ok length but had to trim it twice as this stuff is a real PITA to cut) so it ended up a little shorter than I intended. There is a very slight kink near the top due to just a bit too much bend. I don't think it should be an issue though.

The second one will be cut with a hacksaw with tape around the cutting point, but that won't be done until I have some stuff back in place so I can see where I need to route it

I used a flame to melt the nylon on the ends so it won't fray. Hopefully no more leaks from this part of the engine! I'll clean up with some degreaser once everything is back together.

Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails where to get 14mm ID oil hose?-dsc_0616.jpg  
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Thread Information