Replacing Mi16 sunroof motor
  • Register
  • Help

Default Replacing Mi16 sunroof motor

How do I go about replacing my Mi16 sunroof motor. Unfortunately it has stopped in the open position. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Tim

Advertisement

If it's anything similar to the BX you should be able to manually wind it closed with an included allen key.

Here you go: 11.15
    http://www.buzzboxx.co.uk/Haynes_405.pdf

Fellow Frogger!

An allen key with a T handle will fit the spindle of the sunroof motor. Turn the allen key either direction, it may not move far but you might feel a click. In our case after doing the above, it felt like it relieved a jam, the sunroof could be closed normally with the button.
    Warning, this doesn't mean it won't happen again

1000+ Posts

Default been a lonk time

but iv done the job, that overhead console comes off by removing the light and a couple other little bits to expose the screws ,theres a lever you have to disengage before you can use the allen key which should be attached ,if the drive cable is broken or jammed you may not be able to move it ,the glass attaches via three torks screws each side accessed from the inside you may be able to detach it and wedge it in the closed position ,till you come up with a fix ,the motor is easy to replace but any drive problem involves removing the roof lineing and tacking the complete mechanism out of the roof ,i managed to repaire mine with some cable i baught from a marine cables place ,baught it by the meter, but had to attach the ends from the old cables ,which had rusted away ,pay attention as to how the inner blind is fitted as i screwd up with mine and it used to disapear into the roof if the class was wound right back .When re engaging the motor drive make sure it is sinked with the glass position ,as the micro switches that determine the stopping points for the motor are in its gearbox and independent of the class ,so the motor has to be in the position relevent to the class before engaging the motor drive ie the class will be in full rear position and the motor will be trying to push it back ,im my case breaking the drive cable again ,HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE. PUGS

Thanks for the advice guys. I will have a look tomorrow.

Tim

Thread Information