The latest Peugeot to join the family
  • Register
  • Help

Default The latest Peugeot to join the family

Yesterday I took delivery of a 2005 407 ST Executive Auto Sedan. It's only got 73,000 kms on it and it's lovely!

The downside so far seems to be the main screen where the temperature and audio controls are meant to be. Anyone had a similar problem? Is it a fix or a replacement issue?

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The latest Peugeot to join the family-407-1.jpg   The latest Peugeot to join the family-407-2.jpg   The latest Peugeot to join the family-407-3.jpg  

What's actually wrong with it???

If it's like the early 307 displays, they fade in hot weather, but become legible as the car cools down with aircon, etc.....

Sadly it looks like the display may actually be faulty as the view is striped vertically across the screen with some areas visible and others not.

I guess it will be time to find a replacement at the wreckers as I'm guessing genuine parts would be really expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Zenimagination View Post
    Sadly it looks like the display may actually be faulty as the view is striped vertically across the screen with some areas visible and others not.

I guess it will be time to find a replacement at the wreckers as I'm guessing genuine parts would be really expensive
    Be ready for Body Control Module to reject any replacement you may find.

It may well end up a dealer job to re-initialise the CAN bus.

The joy of new cars!

Ask Dave C about the problems

It now seems as though it's a warm/cold issue as the screen worked perfectly at 5.30 this morning but then faded as the temperature rose.

I've read somewhere about white vs black units and that maybe that's a fix but any advice would bve warmly welcome.

Also thought about getting the car in to Alec Mildren's at Chatswood for a once over to report on anything that may only appear once they plug the car in to their systems. Any suggestions?

It now seems as though it's a warm/cold issue as the screen worked perfectly at 5.30 this morning but then faded as the temperature rose.

I've read somewhere about white vs black units and that maybe that's a fix but any advice would bve warmly welcome.

Also thought about getting the car in to Alec Mildren's at Chatswood for a once over to report on anything that may only appear once they plug the car in to their systems. Any suggestions?
    I'm no expert but I recall seeing a thread on here somewhere about a fix for this. It amounts to fitting a small cooling fan behind the unit. Like a fan from the cpu of a desktop computer.

Surely some other 407 owner here has done the fix...

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Hi Zenimagination!

I have a 2005 407 wagon. I recommend that you take it to PQ Automotive at Chatswood - 9882 3215.

Avoid Mildren's at all costs...

Cheers,
    John

Thread Information