Peugeot 407 Engine Mount
  • Register
  • Help

Default Peugeot 407 Engine Mount

Has anyone replaced a 407 engine mount. My top drivers side mount is shagged. I am going to price one and consider my options from there.

Advertisement

Any experiences?

Many Thanks

Shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

So i ended up replacing the drivers side mount. Not that hard to do at all. Thanks to James504 for some tips Jack under engine, undo bolts holding old mount on. Raise jack up some more as new mount is not as compressed as old mount. All done. A lot less jumpy and the car feels a lot more connected. I also bought the round torque? bush. That looks more involved to replace. I will get to that at a later stage.

When I am brave enough I might tackle the gearbox mount, Maybe even the ball joints which surely have to be showing their age

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Out of interest shobbz, how many k's on it ?

The gearbox mount will most likely involve the removal of the battery - not that bad really. Similar technique to the top engine mount.

Balls joints should be quick and easy.

The bottom engine mount needs to have the new bush pressed in and so will be the trickiest. Don't be tempted to hit it in - things can get ugly pretty quickly. The bush also needs to have the correct orientation maintained as it's designed to limit up/down travel while still allowing fore/aft movement.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '10 308 Sportium Touring
    '12 Megane RS265 8:08

Justin,

The car has done 150k.

I am chasing after a Clunk when you slow down to brake as well as sometimes when you take up the clutch. The drivers side engine mount replacement was a huge difference. You can really tell the difference in the take up of power.

Any ideas as how to remove the base of the engine fuse box? I was trying to have a look at the mount but I could not get the base of the box off? Doe something have to be loosened from the underneath of the base?

I was hoping to chill the lower mount, grease it then push it in with a clamp........ Maybe i can get this done when the cam belt is replaced.

I Really think that the Ball joints must be coming to their lifespan soon.

Cheers,

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Thread Information