Peugeotech Brisbane
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Peugeotech Brisbane

Took the 406HDI to Peugeotech in Brisbane after my local dealer had had two goes at fixing the engine. The locals said they could not find out what was wrong with the Turbo.
    Peugeotech found that there had been a welsch plug glued in to block off the EGR valve.
    The car had done little more than 1000km since being serviced by the local dealer. The following is a verbatim list of the items Peugeotech found wrong with the car. Their report reads:
    "Diagnose faults with vehicle having lack of power -
    removed air filter housing cleaneed and fitted new air filter & 4 new screws as two were missing and two were loose -
    supplied second hand serviced EGR valve as original had a welsch plug glued in to block it off
    . . .
    repaired front brake pad wear sensors due to harness wiring broken
    . . .
    replace left hand inner CV boot
    replace differential side seals
    REPLACE RIGHT HAD TOP ENGINE MOUNT
    REPLACE RIGHT HAD LOWER ENGINE MOUNT (old one virtually non existent)
    Supplied and fitted rear of front lower control arm bushes
    supplied and fitted bot front sway bar links

All of this work was carried out less than 2000km after the car received a full service by my local dealer

Needless to say the car is running like a new vehicle, and came up the range at Toowoomba in 4th gear with power to spare , and overtook on the trip south along the newell without changing down. On the trip north we were unable to overtake any vehicle, and were down to 3rd gear to climb the Moombi range.

What a difference to have a car serviced by people who actually know ( and like) the cars they are servicing.

Well done Peugeotech: thanks L J.

Advertisement
    Last edited by marburg505; 25th March 2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: correct 100k to 1000k

Fellow Frogger!

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by marburg505 View Post
    Took the 406HDI to Peugeotech in Brisbane after my local dealer had had two goes at fixing the engine. The locals said they could not find out what was wrong with the Turbo.
    Peugeotech found that there had been a welsch plug glued in to block off the EGR valve.
    The car had done little more than 1000km since being serviced by the local dealer. The following is a verbatim list of the items Peugeotech found wrong with the car. Their report reads:
    "Diagnose faults with vehicle having lack of power -
    removed air filter housing cleaneed and fitted new air filter & 4 new screws as two were missing and two were loose -
    supplied second hand serviced EGR valve as original had a welsch plug glued in to block it off
    . . .
    repaired front brake pad wear sensors due to harness wiring broken
    . . .
    replace left hand inner CV boot
    replace differential side seals
    REPLACE RIGHT HAD TOP ENGINE MOUNT
    REPLACE RIGHT HAD LOWER ENGINE MOUNT (old one virtually non existent)
    Supplied and fitted rear of front lower control arm bushes
    supplied and fitted bot front sway bar links

All of this work was carried out less than 2000km after the car received a full service by my local dealer

Needless to say the car is running like a new vehicle, and came up the range at Toowoomba in 4th gear with power to spare , and overtook on the trip south along the newell without changing down. On the trip north we were unable to overtake any vehicle, and were down to 3rd gear to climb the Moombi range.

What a difference to have a car serviced by people who actually know ( and like) the cars they are servicing.

Well done Peugeotech: thanks L J.
    I think your second last line says it all.

It would not be the first time a vehicle, irrespective of make or model, has created a poor ownership experience because of less than knowledgable service ability or a caring attitude.

Cheers,
    K

Fellow Frogger!

I have owned Peugeots since 1969, including 2x403 , 4x404, 3x504, 4x505, 3x405, 1x605, and now 1x406. One (505sedan) was new, the others second(?) hand. I believe that all of them have been great for their time, and this is true of the 406HDi. Although it has done 400k I believe that it has a lot left in it yet. One 505 I had (85 GTI 2.2l manual) had 540k on it whenI sold it to a friend who drove it for a few years after that.

This little 'service ' experience just ads to my experience

My local Peuegot dealer was so bad, overfilling oil by 20mm+ over the full mark which caused a multitude of faults by covering various throttle body sensors in oil and a lot more besides, that I decided to service our car myself. I use genuine Peugeot parts and the correct oil and since I have looked after it no issues at all.

It is amazing how main dealers can get away charging as much as they do for work that could probably be bettered by a 12 year old....

Marburg,
    I'm surprised that your original service people didn't give you a "needs attention" list.
    The amount of replacement work needed surely couldn't go unnoticed.
    Did you initially request just a basic service? Still no excuse.

On the welch plug "modification" to the EGR valve. My 504 GL [petrol] had the EGR valve blanked off with an asbestos/steel gasket. Because of the low k's at the the time 42000 I can only assume it was installed by Peugeot or the selling dealer? Strange, because when removed the EGR was perfect.
    Last edited by Wildebeest; 26th March 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    My local Peuegot dealer was so bad, overfilling oil by 20mm+ over the full mark which caused a multitude of faults by covering various throttle body sensors in oil and a lot more besides, that I decided to service our car myself. I use genuine Peugeot parts and the correct oil and since I have looked after it no issues at all.

It is amazing how main dealers can get away charging as much as they do for work that could probably be bettered by a 12 year old....
    The 'local' Gold Coast Peugeot dealer (multi franchise) had the 'demo' 307 I bought from them a couple of years ago right at the 307/308 changeover for a total of 13 WEEKS trying to fix an upper engine oil leak and (auto) transmission computer problem which made the car occasionally try to start off in 3rd gear. Had to get peugeot involved and they bought the car back for $4000 less than I paid. Had it foe 5 months and 13 WEEKS off the road. THEY NEVER FIXED IT! some poor sod is probably going through the same horror. Absolutely incompetent. I now have a Mitsubishi ASX coming up for it's 1st service. Quote from the same dealer, $420. (not that I would EVER GO BACK) but wanted to know out of curiosity. Two other quotes from 'non Mitsubishi centres' both $195. Filter, oil change and 'check fluid levels' and paint the tyres black..
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

Fellow Frogger!

"Marburg,
    I'm surprised that your original service people didn't give you a "needs attention" list.
    The amount of replacement work needed surely couldn't go unnoticed.
    Did you initially request just a basic service? Still no excuse."

No, the car was sent in for a scheduled service, and they have always known that I want to be made aware of any items needing attention. To put it simply: they no longer have any workmen who know Peugeot's and want to work on them. Clearly Peugeot's are just a nuisance for them.

Tadpole

You hit the nail on the head by saying "serviced by people who actually know ( and like) the cars they are servicing".
    Peugeotech look after my 306 and do a fantastic job. It's a nice change to walk into the service centre and be greeted by your name and not issued a number and wait in the queue.

Fellow Frogger!

Took the car to Sydney over the weekend. Filled up on Parramatta road on the way home. Result: 356 km, 5.0L/100km, 81km/hr average - which includes over the mountains to Lithgow(in the rain), on to Mudgee , then an hour to home. Like a new car now - the roads seem to have improved!!!!!!

Default you beauty!

That's what we want! Why do we "need" electric hybrids? Good stuff.

I used to work at a well known, reputable dealership in Sydney (albeit not Peugeot) for a short period and after what I saw, I would never take my car to get serviced by these uneducated and non-passionate 'apprentices'.
    Well done on the happy ending.

Fellow Frogger!

"That's what we want! Why do we "need" electric hybrids? Good stuff."

Yes, but the battery has had to be replaced a few times (G)STill, there's only ONE.

Thread Information