405 SRDT instruments
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 405 SRDT instruments

My 405 srdt has an intermittent tacho which works on and off, and the turbo boost gauge thingy is also not working. Any ideas where to start looking to fix these two.
    Also the exterior temp readout is just flashing -0c as well?
    regards Mark

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Default 405 external temp indicator flashing

That's normal (assuming the temp is really that cool)...it flashes when temp is below +3 degrees, or thereabouts, as I seem to recall. It's a cautionary reminder for the driver of the possibility of icy conditions.
    Last edited by Simon W; 22nd March 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: text correction

Tadpole

The exterior temp readout flashing is showing --c sorry not -0c, been 20c's all week so must be a sender maybe, also that gauge i thougt was a boost gauge is actually a oil level gauge which shows the oil level before starting engine which is a great idea, thks peugeot.

The temp gauge will flash when the weather is f*cking cold. There is no turbo boost gauge in the 405 so what you are probably referring to is the oil level gauge, which will give you a read-out at 'stand by', and then turn off on ignition. As for a dodgy tacho, I can't really help with that one. Although to say that my speedo used to give a bit of a parkinsons performance, till I removed the entire instrument cluster, then re-inserted it. Something to do with the speedo cable socket.

Cheers,

Monsieur 405

Default Sensor

The air temperature sensor is located inside the passenger side mirror. I have 3 spare instrument clusters if that is the problem. The oil pressure sensor is located at the back of the engine close to the tacho sensor. I probably have one of those as well if thats the problem. Cheers

lamlam

Thread Information