405 hdi head removal
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default 405 hdi head removal

My cam belt has broken for no apparent reason ,so i have to remove the head to replace bent valves ,is it possible to lift the head out with the exhaust and inlet manifolds attached of should i detach them in the car ,leaving the exhaust manifold and turbo attached to the exhaust ,im thinking this could cause some difficulty lining everything up when putting the head back on ,the car has 324 k ,would it be wise to have the turbo checked out while im at it

Advertisement

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

i take it that the car is an SRDT 405

to remove the head you are going to have to remove the manifolds bearing in mind there is a small bolt right in the middle at the base of them that you will need 4 elbows and 5 double jointed fingers to be able to get to it

13mm from memory

also take note of what spacers go where as you pull each bolt out, again from memory the lower bolts have spacers on them only

when putting it all back together make sure you get the hoses back onto the turbo properly, it's very easy to not get them seated correctly
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Default yes SRDT

Twas getting late ,thanks for the reply ,iv put the brakes on a bit ,checking whats out there in way of complete head or engine ,as putting a reco head on an old bottom end may not be the best long term option ,and recons can blow out cost wise ,pugs definately not a lot of room down there from the back

User lamlam was wrecking a 405. Perhaps easier for you to grab his entire engine? I was going to buy it but you're welcome to it. I was after just the crank. So you could recoup part of the costs by selling me your crank.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    Twas getting late ,thanks for the reply ,iv put the brakes on a bit ,checking whats out there in way of complete head or engine ,as putting a reco head on an old bottom end may not be the best long term option ,and recons can blow out cost wise ,pugs definately not a lot of room down there from the back
    i have done a head on a 450k + engine and it was fine

in fact it still had hone marks and before i pulled it down still had very good compression bar one cylinder of course

you do have the peter T option and i know he would be appreciative for the parts
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Thread Information