a replica seat insert fabric for 205 GTis
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default a replica seat insert fabric for 205 GTis

Hi fellas,
    I'd like to take this opportunity of letting you know about a new fabric I have just finished the development work on. It's a "good look alike" for the PUG original fabric called "Quartet". I have completed wear/abrasion tests on it and I'm now selling it through my firms web site shop loocated here:

http://205gticovers.com/Quintet.html

For those of you who don't know me I am the Brit guy who sells replacement seat thigh bolster foam and have several customers in OZ (thanks guys)
    Have a look, comments appreciated, and all orders gratefully accepted. My shipments to Australia has been PDQ in the past.
    thanks
    Dave Hickman

Advertisement

Wow looks preety dam good mate!

Althou the litthe red squares dont look like squares in the pic and they look smaller in size thsn the original?

Ii i were to recover my seats i would need this material and also all else required to recover side of the seats, the back and the bolsters. This obviously formall four seats.

What would one need to order to completely recover the whole 4 seats?
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Tadpole

Icon7

It looks really good I must say.

Do you have it in green as I have a Sorrento coloured car?

Tadpole

Default a replica "green" insert fabric

Quote Originally Posted by EO205 View Post
    It looks really good I must say.

Do you have it in green as I have a Sorrento coloured car?
    Hi mate,
    I certainly do - but because the demand for it is a lot less than the red/black I have set up a subscription list for interested buyers here:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index...owtopic=137757

regards
    Dave
    Last edited by dch1950; 7th April 2012 at 01:38 AM.

Tadpole

Default a relica insert fabric (cont)

Hi,
    it's not an exact copy. This isn't possible as the original material is a "composite" of yarn and strips of plastic backed felt (red/black or green/black). I offer this material "Quintet" on a supply only basis as I appreciate that people sometimes want to arrange for trimming to be done elsewhere. My main market for this material is my own range of replacement seat covers that I am currently getting up to speed with pre-production.
    The actual inserts would need either 0.75 metres (2 seats) or 1.5 for the whole car.
    regards
    Dave

Tadpole

Default sorry I missed this one :)

HI,
    to recover all 4 of your seats the following material would be required.
    Inserts: 1.5 metres of (relevant) material for 2 fronts and 2 rears.
    and
    for surrounds/bolsters: 3.5 metres of black polyester needlecord (for 1.6 GTi)
    Materials chosen are down to personal choice but the figures are accurate. The measurements rely on a standard roll width of 1.5 metres.
    This doesn't include the front seat vinyl backs to the backrests. I have these measured up and patterned as well.
    regards
    Dave H
    PS red Quintet is now available - It arrived last Friday, and the green version is just waiting to get to it's MOQ of 22 roll units. Delivery procedure now tried and tested so should be available a lot quicker.

Thread Information