206 Glass sliding sunroof problems
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 206 Glass sliding sunroof problems

Was working fine then for some reason opens but fails to close, looks as though the small tabs that might drag glass section forward have somehow jumped and are now not connecting to glass section. Have read plenty about other faults developing in these roofs but mine is usually ok, isn't worn too much, maybe someone can provide a remedy or advice on possible fix.

Advertisement

Tadpole

Have noticed that small black plastic tabs do catch the glass section and this still allows roof to open completely, but they are no longer capable of connecting with glass section coming forward when when closing. Maybe someone knows if parts are available to fix this problem. For the moment I just pull glass section by hand to close roof, but do expect that wind could gradually open partially closed glass roof, am a bit worried about this roof.

Tadpole

Hey' someone out there must have had trouble with these sunroofs, can't be all good.

Mine reminds me of when I was dating chicks 40 plus years ago, had a little Austin 7 convertable, can remember, driving & holding down convertable top, holding gearknob from jumping out of 2nd gear, using same hand to manually crank window washer arm, whilst other guys sped past in long low black customlines, arms around chicks, chick sitting nearly on top of guys, those Austin 7's ruined my lovelife.

If I can't fix my glass sliding sunroof, the missus that I won back then may decide to leave me, after owning that Austin 7 for a few months she said you gotta decide, it's the car or me! I chose the missus whom was real pretty, regards from Ran

Thread Information