Air conditioner compressor 405 SRDT
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Air conditioner compressor 405 SRDT

Hi all
    Long time since I logged on! Still driving the 405 and enjoying it. However after much constenation, trying to find a leak in my air conditioning, it has been ascertained that the leak is in the compressor.

Quote for the job is $1100. Any other options that people can suggest?

Advertisement

Also the cloth on the ceiling is beginning to fall down. Again the solution from the upholsterer is to replace the whole lot, rather than just stick back up where it is falling near the front windscreen. Any suggestions that have worked for other owners?

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

get the sparky to check and replace the seals on the rear of the compressor, or get someone else to check it out

the roof lining, take it out and get it replaced with new stuff, it's the only way i'm afraid

i have a 605 at home that the roof lining has to be done, looks shithouse at the moment with it hanging down but that's just how it happens and it's not a major thing
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Tadpole

It may be worth give giving Speedy Air Spares a call in Bundaberg as their compressor prices are generally very good, as pugrambo said its is also wise to get a second opinion, the compressor clutch also tends to go on 405

If you have to do any substantial work on the AirCon system, put a larger condenser in it. I put a commodore condenser into my 505 and it made a big improvement. The original may be OK in Europe but to up to the challenge in Queensland.
    Hutchie

There should be a heap of 405 compressors about as when doing a 205 conversion, the compressor usually gets left off. I think I have one when I did my swap. When I removed it the cars aircon was better than my Honda family car.

maybe try it, gas it and see how far it gets you.
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Thread Information