405 central locking remote function
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Icon5 405 central locking remote function

Does anyone have a functioning 405 factory remote (single button) for central locking? If so, I am trying to find out if the IR LED which is right next to the key shaft (not the little red one) when the button's pushed flashes or shines when viewed with an IR night vision camera or digital camera (mobile phone camera). I have 2 of these remotes, both of which show the red LED working ok, but not the IR LED. It raises the possibility in my mind that the frequency that these use may be beyond the band which can be detected by dig cameras or IR night vision cameras. I am also curious to find out what the electrical resistance should be for the LED...if anyone knows or is able to measure it.

Advertisement

Any info appreciated, cheers,
    Simon

cant help with the measuring because I haven't got the keys! But both of my 405's (series1 and 2) have working Original IR remotes, Oh yeah and the same for my sisters early 306. However I have also fitted aftermarket systems to both. Because the original one is RUBBISH! Just words of personal opinion ditch it and go aftermarket!
    2011 Renault Koleos manual petrol, yes it's boring, but not as boring as:
    2017 Renault Koleos auto

1000+ Posts

Default remote

definatlely a white light coming from ir. seen on my mobile phone camera one button off an 95 405 srdt PUGS

Fellow Frogger! Bruce Llewellyn's Avatar

Default IR responses

The CCD camera actually works better in IR than visible (which is why astronomers invented it) so if the camera in the 'phone can see the IR LED, it doesn't have a very good IR filter...

The central locking can be swapped from one car to another by changing the IR reciever in its' little smoked plastic housing. It is also worth taking the little smoked lense out and cleaing it- it fills with dust and stops the system working even if the electronics and the keys are good.

Fellow Frogger!

Default Replacing batteries

Can anyone tell me if it is true that when the batteries (2 x CR2016) are replaced in the 405 single button remote, it has to be reprogrammed...some websites say this is so??!

Fellow Frogger!

Default Thanks Pugwash

Thanks for that...something odd's going on with the fob (remote) here...the IR LED does not seem to be working.

1000+ Posts

Default not to my experience

the central wasnt working on my car when i got it ,replaced batteries it worked right away .PUGS. is it obvious the way they go in ,is the rubber button actualy pushing down on the switch ,try it without the rubber ,seems strange you have a couple with the same problem ,PUGS

Fellow Frogger!

Default Ta again PUGS

I've tested the IR LEDs on both fobs, getting open circuits on both, using both the diode test and the resistance functions of the multimeter (and yes, I checked polarity too). Also checked circuitry of both, all testing ok, except for test of chip, which I can't do. The buttons are worn, but are actuating the two circuits that run through the switch...unfortunately that's not the problem. I can replace the LEDs, but I wonder if I've just been unlucky, or do these things commonly blow out...I've always thought they're hardy, so to have two blown is a bit weird. The next step I'll try is to run another LED on a parallel cct with the failed LEDs...if I'm right, I should see some output.

1000+ Posts

Default leds

some leds are polarity sensitive so ,if your not sure try it both ways ,also beware not to put too much heat in when you solder ,as it can fry other components .PUGS

Thread Information