308 wagon towing electrics
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 308 wagon towing electrics

I have just taken my 308 wagon back to the local dealership to have a new wiring loom installed for towing. This is the second time within 1 year.

What happened:- I plugged in a box trailer for towing. All was OK until I unplugged. After using a box trailer, the blinkers were going double time and the reversing sensors stopped working.

I took the car to the dealership who stated that I had grit and dirt in the connections and that caused a burnout of the wire. I had to pay $600 for the new wiring loom and fitting. I now think that the claims were b*******. There is a cap over the end which stops any foreign matter getting into the electrics.

Recently the same problem has occurred. After using a box trailer, the blinkers were going double time, the reversing sensors stopped working. After 3 days, all appeared to come back to normal. My first check was for dirt - NONE.

The box trailer had recently been rewired by an authorised auto electrician matching both car and trailer.

I took the car back to the dealers and this time they claimed that a small sensor at the back of the towing electrical plug had broken. That this problem was not new (previous reported cases). They were then going to check with Peugeot Australia to see if it could be repaired under warranty.

Has anyone else suffered the same/similar electrical problem?

Advertisement

you have a small plastic pin in the connector. If it pressed in then the BSI nows that you have a trailer connected. In that case it will cut the parking sensors in the rear and it will adjust the blinking speed.
    You just need to look for the little pin, see if it is still pushed in and if yes, use a small item (like a nail for example) to push back to the front.
    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

Tadpole

Default 308 wagon towing electrics

Jurgen-s,

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Will have a close look at the connector.

Thread Information