My "new" 306 - parts?
  • Register
  • Help

Default My "new" 306 - parts?

Hi everyone,

Advertisement

I've just bought my first french car, a 2000 306 xsi, and I think it's great.

However not long after leaving the seller's house my partner tried to open the window... seemed stuck. I suggested she put her palms on it to help it down... and it dropped to the bottom! I'm not really a believer in omens, however I am crossing my fingers!

My question is, where can I get one of these without buying a whole assembly? I had a very good search on line and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to buy just that bit. What's the rubber roller part called? I haven't tried wreckers as yet as I figured they're either all like that or they don't want to separate stuff.

I've found some enjoyable reading here, I'll probably become a regular!

Michael

Tadpole

Im 99% sure you can buy that rubber part from the dealership for about 5 bucks. If it wasn't going down. check the door wires they are prone to breaking. It also looks like you're missing the clip thats suppose to be on the end of it. And the end of the pin has broken off.

And whatever you do, do not cycle the window up and down without the window attached. I made that idiotic mistake and the wire jumped off inside the housing and destroyed one of the ends of the cable. These units seem to need pressure applied to the cables otherwise it destroys itself

Btw I love the rims what are they?
    Last edited by ResidentPsycho; 18th February 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentPsycho View Post
    They look like the standard Peugeot rims - Cyclone.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Can buy all the needed parts of Ebay UK. They sell the individual parts, seem to be a bout $10 plus postage

Fellow Frogger!

ive found with 306's, fuel lines in the engine bay break free of their clips and rub untill they burst. mine and another mans 306 had it and their is 1 other i know of that actully caught fire!.

a little off topic but usefull info.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentPsycho View Post
    Im 99% sure you can buy that rubber part from the dealership for about 5 bucks. If it wasn't going down. check the door wires they are prone to breaking. It also looks like you're missing the clip thats suppose to be on the end of it. And the end of the pin has broken off.

And whatever you do, do not cycle the window up and down without the window attached. I made that idiotic mistake and the wire jumped off inside the housing and destroyed one of the ends of the cable. These units seem to need pressure applied to the cables otherwise it destroys itself

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm not used to having a dealer actually supply parts... this is probably the newest car I've ever owned and I'm used to being fobbed off by them! I'll give them a try.
    Ebay UK was a great suggestion, thanks. But the rubber appears to part of the window assembly and not coming up as part of the regulator clip. So I might try a windscreen place, then a wreckers.
    I found a clip in the bottom of the door, it's a wire clip but seems to be the right size.

Yes R.P., they're pug rims... those and the low k's are what really sold me on it.

Tadpole

the little metal c clip thing goes through that window rubber. Yeah that rubber part is part of the assembly, but the dealership has em for a couple bucks, the plastic clip on the other hand you can't buy by itself, they want you to buy a whole new regulator, for the low low price of 600bucks....

Ah the rims didn't look stock on the pic, they look much straighter and less curvy. cheers slc207 and ginch

Still haven't had a chance to try the dealership but certainly will, thanks.

I see I've been spoiled - I have a couple of old early 70's Vespas, and there are any number of sites where you can get virtually any part you want, from a specific bolt to almost a whole body. With pictures and descriptions. Oh well. It's a bit quicker than the Vespa!

Here's a better pic of the wheel for you R.P!

Last edited by Ginch; 21st February 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Standard Cyclones........ photo flattens out the dished centre

Thread Information