professionals at work!
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    1000+ Posts bigkev414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    gold coast queensland
    Posts
    4,511

    Default professionals at work!

    Went into the 'local' Peugeot dealer today and asked if they had a 3008 I could look at. The only salesman in sight told me there was no such model. I told him I owned one and sold it back to them less than 6 months ago. He said 'you mean the 308? No. Blank look and shrug.......I looked around the yard and couldn't see a 3008, so had a cup of water and left.
    Sales manager I dealt with on the last three new cars we bought has left, and the salesman has transferred.
    Good luck to them. Unbelievable!

    Advertisement
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

  2. #2
    Fellow Frogger! spar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sunny coast
    Posts
    263

    Default

    thats a very low pressure sales technique.
    1990 205gti 8v, sv1000, zx6, sv650, zxr750, rgv250, austin 1800, fiat 124ac, fiat x1/9, 76 rd350, 124bc, lancia beta, yz125G, yz80h, yz50g, gtmx80c

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger! 908HDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    Went into the 'local' Peugeot dealer today and asked if they had a 3008 I could look at. The only salesman in sight told me there was no such model. I told him I owned one and sold it back to them less than 6 months ago. He said 'you mean the 308? No. Blank look and shrug.......I looked around the yard and couldn't see a 3008, so had a cup of water and left.
    Sales manager I dealt with on the last three new cars we bought has left, and the salesman has transferred.
    Good luck to them. Unbelievable!
    Sounds like Zupps At least he knew one model..... he could have said a 328i

    How come you got rid of the 3008 ? What are you driving around in at the moment ?

  4. #4
    VIP Sponsor 59 Floride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    It's how I roll...Brisbane
    Posts
    33,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    Went into the 'local' Peugeot dealer today and asked if they had a 3008 I could look at. The only salesman in sight told me there was no such model. I told him I owned one and sold it back to them less than 6 months ago. He said 'you mean the 308? No. Blank look and shrug.......I looked around the yard and couldn't see a 3008, so had a cup of water and left.
    Sales manager I dealt with on the last three new cars we bought has left, and the salesman has transferred.
    Good luck to them. Unbelievable!

    You might do better if you take off the phantom outfit next time.

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts bigkev414's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    gold coast queensland
    Posts
    4,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    Sounds like Zupps At least he knew one model..... he could have said a 328i

    How come you got rid of the 3008 ? What are you driving around in at the moment ?
    I sold it because we thought our house was finally sold, and we wanted the money to add in to our equity for the unit we need to move to for health reasons. House didn't sell, and I miss the car. am sorry I did it (again) another of my brilliant ideas.....
    Have my old 'baby' - 2000 Volvo S70 sport which is as close to new condition for its age as you can get, and is my hobby. Sunroof, portable blutooth, (E Bay) front/rear park sensors (E Bay), halogen headlight bulbs (E Bay) and so on . fitted all of the stuff myself. Love the car and always have except when I look at the fuel gauge needle moving downwards as I drive around.
    I might act like an idiot, and I might look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you: I really AM an idiot!

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts schlitzaugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    loneliness capital of the world
    Posts
    9,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    Went into the 'local' Peugeot dealer today and asked if they had a 3008 I could look at. The only salesman in sight told me there was no such model. I told him I owned one and sold it back to them less than 6 months ago. He said 'you mean the 308? No. Blank look and shrug.......I looked around the yard and couldn't see a 3008, so had a cup of water and left.
    Sales manager I dealt with on the last three new cars we bought has left, and the salesman has transferred.
    Good luck to them. Unbelievable!
    I still think this is better than the mob here who had the car we wanted to test drive but showed absolutely no interest to give us a drive. At least your guys didn't have the car you wanted.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

    Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger! 908HDI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    I sold it because we thought our house was finally sold, and we wanted the money to add in to our equity for the unit we need to move to for health reasons. House didn't sell, and I miss the car. am sorry I did it (again) another of my brilliant ideas.....
    Have my old 'baby' - 2000 Volvo S70 sport which is as close to new condition for its age as you can get, and is my hobby. Sunroof, portable blutooth, (E Bay) front/rear park sensors (E Bay), halogen headlight bulbs (E Bay) and so on . fitted all of the stuff myself. Love the car and always have except when I look at the fuel gauge needle moving downwards as I drive around.

    The S70 is a solid reliable lump and the Swede's have the best seats in the business... After a HDi any petrol car is going to seem like it's got a hole in the tank...

    I too love eBay, great site for pretty much anything including some fantastic savings on parts as you know.

    I wish you luck with the house sale and the move. You don't need to spend too much money a good HDi. Have you had a go in the 307 Hdi SW / Wagon ?

    Have alook at this one

    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...0&sort=default

  8. #8
    1000+ Posts FIVEDOOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Qld
    Posts
    20,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    thats a very low pressure sales technique.
    Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    Sounds like Zupps At least he knew one model..... he could have said a 328i

    How come you got rid of the 3008 ? What are you driving around in at the moment ?
    Can't be Zupps due to the low pressure sales technique

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •