206 Electronic Gremlin
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 206 Electronic Gremlin

I let my wife take my 206XT to NSW and it stopped on the way down. A problem I found out about that was solved by holding the Open button on the key for 10 seconds. Apparently, it resets the lock Mech. anyway it worked? or was it that the car had cooled down?? Anyway it stopped again near Goulburn and was towed to a garage there. They accessed the computer and it said the throttle body was stuffed so they were getting one from the Mother country for $1100or so. I put them onto AVS Euro spares and they got a second handy for $600 next day. It still wont go. I told them to try disconecting the Batt. o/night and try a reboot; no go still. They've had it for 7 days now. Any suggestions?? I feel a bit like I'm doing their job for them but its an RACQ repairer

Advertisement

Did the engine management light come up ?

What engine do you have in your 206 ?

Details of previous history of problems [ resolved and unresolved ] if any ?

Have the ECU conections / wiring been checked ?

I would suggest disconnecting all the ecu plugs and throttle body plugs with the Battery still connected, then disconect the battery. Refit all plugs and re-connect battery. Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine. Switch off ignition then lock car. Unlock and start....

Tadpole

Thanks FF, Q1: yes Q2: FX2F (1.6) Q3:Early highway drop outs (instruments only) resolved City Motors; car has 230,000 mostly country and highway. I've had it since new; Recent stops with engine turning but not firing, management light and anti pollution fault??? or something to that effect. CONFESSION time. I replaced the alt. months ago and bored a hole in the cat. con. (please forgive me I'm in my 60's) It has run OK since but my memory is detiorating due lack of caffiene. Q4: I've always been suspicious of the connections and problem is more often during rain but no official check.
    Thanks 908HHDI.

Thread Information