206 doors unlocking
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    4

    Default 206 doors unlocking

    We have 2001 model 206 that has intermitent problem of doors unlocking some time after the car has been locked using the remote.
    Vehicle has low use -just over 30,000km

    Has anyone had similar issues?

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    sans witticism SLC206's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North Parramatta
    Posts
    3,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tas206 View Post
    We have 2001 model 206 that has intermitent problem of doors unlocking some time after the car has been locked using the remote.
    Vehicle has low use -just over 30,000km

    Has anyone had similar issues?
    Haven't seen it in a while, but this is usually caused by a failing door lock actuator or possibly by door misalignment.
    Regards,

    Simon

    2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

    www.peugeotclub.asn.au

  3. #3
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    G'day,
    the remote isn't in your pocket, or somewhere it could be accidentally switched?
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








  4. #4
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    4

    Default 206 unlocking

    Thanks Simon - I thought that may be the problem but wasnt sure if easy way to determine
    Steve

  5. #5
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    4

    Default 206 unlocking - keys in pocket

    pug206gti
    no keys in pocket - placed in dish on top of fridge. Very concious of this one as also have Tiguan - went out one morning and found car unlocked & all windows down - had been working on boat in garage with keys in pocket

  6. #6
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tas206 View Post
    pug206gti
    no keys in pocket - placed in dish on top of fridge. Very concious of this one as also have Tiguan - went out one morning and found car unlocked & all windows down - had been working on boat in garage with keys in pocket
    A wise-ass teenage son pulling a gag on you might also have the same effect.


    Jo

  7. #7
    Tadpole
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobart
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    A wise-ass teenage son pulling a gag on you might also have the same effect.


    Jo
    Once upon a time perhaps, but now long gone - youngest rings home with questions like where do I find the battery in my Maseratti !!

  8. #8
    the famous 18E pug206gti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    11,055

    Icon6

    G'day,
    the answer is the same as your socks & undies, 'exactly where you left them/it'
    regards,
    Les W.


    206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?








Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •