207 HDi Touring Owners
  • Register
  • Help

Default 207 HDi Touring Owners

We are considering buying a new or low km 207 Manual, HDi Wagon. Would like to get some honest comments from owners. Any issues, pros and cons etc.
    Any problems with the Moon Roof. We are very happy owners of a 307 manual HDi Touring and will keep it.

Advertisement

bump up

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by lockwood116 View Post
    We are considering buying a new or low km 207 Manual, HDi Wagon. Would like to get some honest comments from owners. Any issues, pros and cons etc.
    Any problems with the Moon Roof. We are very happy owners of a 307 manual HDi Touring and will keep it.
    We have had our 207 SW Hdi wagon for a year and a half now. In that time the only issue we had was after a main dealer service where they decided to overfill all the fluids and oil. The oil was way over the top mark on the dipstick and I was fortunate enough to find this out after the enigne seemed very laboured and down on power. This caused a multitude of sensor issues and "Depollution Faults". All of the intake, intercooler, throttle body were dripping with oil. The dealer rectified this and had to replace some items under warranty. Since then I have been servicing the car myself and its been perfect and touble free.

Apart from the bad dealer experience above, the car itslef has been great. On longer trips I can keep the fuel consumption below 4L and thats with a fully loaded car. This brings me to the next point. Although the 207 is a small car the wagon version is very deceptive and it really is "a little big car". The boot, with the seats up takes 3 large suticases, 2 medium and one small and still has room for small items. When the rear seats are folded down the bench seat sinks to allow a perferctly flat and flush floor and over 1400L of space.

The moon roof or panoramic roof is fixed and bonded to the roof and is made from very strong laminated glass with an athermic layer so you cad drive in the sun without discomfort or getting burnt. As you probably know there is an electric blind which can be left open in a multitude of positions as well as dully closing the roof. There have been no issues with this feature of the car.

The 1.6 Hdi in the 207 works well and has enough torque to cope with roundabouts in 3rd and 4th gears pulling happily from 1200 rpm but the turbo hits full song at around 1700rpm. there is an overboost feature that increases torque for around 45 seconds in the top three gears only. It is activated by pressing the throttle all the way down beyond a detent point.

The 5 speed manual gearbox works well with the engine output and car mass and has good ratios. New ones have a 6 speed gearbox which improves the economy a bit.

The handling is very good mainly in part to the rear suspension set up which is very different to the standard hatch. It is designed to take more weight so it does not sag when loaded. It also means its a hoot around corners and very stable.

The other plus point is the amount of general room and headroom for this size of car.

The auto wipers and lights are great but keeping the sensor on the windscreen smear free prevents the wipers going mental on occasion.

I had a large 3 seater sofa on the roof which was longer than the car . But the roof bars cope with all the loads and accessories. I get a roof box and three bikes up there.

The boot has plenty of storage and neat starps and nets to retain anything.

The bad bits:

Wheel trims are over $220 per trim ! But the new ones should have alloys. The OEM brakes create a lot of dust but that can be remedied with a good aftermarket disc and pad option. I would recomend Brembo, Zimmerman or performance DBA's.

You really have to use premium Diesel in this engine so I fill up using BP Ultimate but the extra cost is negated by the excellent economy. Low greade Diesel will create a lot more ash / soot that can clog the EGR valve and the FAP filter. The fuel filter can not cope well with much debris / particles so I cange it every 20,000 km. The same apllies to incorrect or cheap eninge oil. You MUST have low ash oil in thei engine.

The rear seat backs are very upright so not the greatest comfort for adult rear passangers on longer trips.

The front lip and number plate cops it on high driveways and kerbs so you have to be careful to approach steep diveways at an angle and not staight on. The bottom spoiler lip is flexible and will allow movement but can get scraped. A small front number plate or euro style plate is the best bet.

When picking kids up from school my wife noticed that even with the doors unlocked the rear hacth can not be opened unless you open a door first or lock and unlock the car. Its not a fault but a safety feature and very annoying at times.

My wife is not a fan of the sports seats. The side bolsters are a bit hard and obtrusive when getting in and out but it does not bother me.

Changing a bulb in the rear light clusters is a PAIN ! They come off so easy but lining them up with the leaders when re fitting requires rubiks cube experience.

Generaly very pleased with the car and its very cheap to run for something so practical and different. I have only ever seen 3 Hdi 207 wagons for sale at a time country wide on carsales and they seem to hold their value well and for good reason. Also the interior is very upmarket compared to the Asian scooter style dashboards...

Bonus: You can re-map the overboost feature to give 134 HP and 340 NM torque. I am looking into this now.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    We have had our 207 SW Hdi wagon for a year and a half now. In that time the only issue we had was after a main dealer service where they decided to overfill all the fluids and oil. The oil was way over the top mark on the dipstick and I was fortunate enough to find this out after the enigne seemed very laboured and down on power. This caused a multitude of sensor issues and "Depollution Faults". All of the intake, intercooler, throttle body were dripping with oil. The dealer rectified this and had to replace some items under warranty. Since then I have been servicing the car myself and its been perfect and touble free.

Apart from the bad dealer experience above, the car itslef has been great. On longer trips I can keep the fuel consumption below 4L and thats with a fully loaded car. This brings me to the next point. Although the 207 is a small car the wagon version is very deceptive and it really is "a little big car". The boot, with the seats up takes 3 large suticases, 2 medium and one small and still has room for small items. When the rear seats are folded down the bench seat sinks to allow a perferctly flat and flush floor and over 1400L of space.

The moon roof or panoramic roof is fixed and bonded to the roof and is made from very strong laminated glass with an athermic layer so you cad drive in the sun without discomfort or getting burnt. As you probably know there is an electric blind which can be left open in a multitude of positions as well as dully closing the roof. There have been no issues with this feature of the car.

The 1.6 Hdi in the 207 works well and has enough torque to cope with roundabouts in 3rd and 4th gears pulling happily from 1200 rpm but the turbo hits full song at around 1700rpm. there is an overboost feature that increases torque for around 45 seconds in the top three gears only. It is activated by pressing the throttle all the way down beyond a detent point.

The 5 speed manual gearbox works well with the engine output and car mass and has good ratios. New ones have a 6 speed gearbox which improves the economy a bit.

The handling is very good mainly in part to the rear suspension set up which is very different to the standard hatch. It is designed to take more weight so it does not sag when loaded. It also means its a hoot around corners and very stable.

The other plus point is the amount of general room and headroom for this size of car.

The auto wipers and lights are great but keeping the sensor on the windscreen smear free prevents the wipers going mental on occasion.

I had a large 3 seater sofa on the roof which was longer than the car . But the roof bars cope with all the loads and accessories. I get a roof box and three bikes up there.

The boot has plenty of storage and neat starps and nets to retain anything.

The bad bits:

Wheel trims are over $220 per trim ! But the new ones should have alloys. The OEM brakes create a lot of dust but that can be remedied with a good aftermarket disc and pad option. I would recomend Brembo, Zimmerman or performance DBA's.

You really have to use premium Diesel in this engine so I fill up using BP Ultimate but the extra cost is negated by the excellent economy. Low greade Diesel will create a lot more ash / soot that can clog the EGR valve and the FAP filter. The fuel filter can not cope well with much debris / particles so I cange it every 20,000 km. The same apllies to incorrect or cheap eninge oil. You MUST have low ash oil in thei engine.

The rear seat backs are very upright so not the greatest comfort for adult rear passangers on longer trips.

The front lip and number plate cops it on high driveways and kerbs so you have to be careful to approach steep diveways at an angle and not staight on. The bottom spoiler lip is flexible and will allow movement but can get scraped. A small front number plate or euro style plate is the best bet.

When picking kids up from school my wife noticed that even with the doors unlocked the rear hacth can not be opened unless you open a door first or lock and unlock the car. Its not a fault but a safety feature and very annoying at times.

My wife is not a fan of the sports seats. The side bolsters are a bit hard and obtrusive when getting in and out but it does not bother me.

Changing a bulb in the rear light clusters is a PAIN ! They come off so easy but lining them up with the leaders when re fitting requires rubiks cube experience.

Generaly very pleased with the car and its very cheap to run for something so practical and different. I have only ever seen 3 Hdi 207 wagons for sale at a time country wide on carsales and they seem to hold their value well and for good reason. Also the interior is very upmarket compared to the Asian scooter style dashboards...

Bonus: You can re-map the overboost feature to give 134 HP and 340 NM torque. I am looking into this now.

I hope this helps.

Wow!
    Thanks for that excellent report.
    You have pretty much convinced me to go for one of these. The pricing is really good at the moment with the new 208 just around the corner.
    My biggest concern was performance. I mostly drive to the speed limit as I don't think that the government are doing that good of a job with my taxes that I don't think they deserve any more - but every now and then I like to play in the corners . I guess the new 6 speed helps too.
    They are a great looking wagon - one of the best - and look very classy for a small car. I understand they are a Tardis, even our 307 is deceptively roomy - far more practical for carrying things the the Aurion.
    Drop me a line when you figure out the overboost! Must make overtaking a bit easier!
    Your comments about the brakes are interesting. I figured a set of aftermarket discs and pads would solve the problem.
    Thanks again!!

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Tadpole

My wife & I had a leased......."Peugeot Lease".......207HDI manual wagon in 2009 when we had a 6 week Rome to Paris road trip.

The car was brand new when we picked it up in Rome & we had no problems at all with the car.

Well, no problems apart from the driver(me) putting the RH front wheel off in to an unseen ditch which pulled the car up like hitting a brick wall....fortunately at low speed but did result in a badly bent wheel & flat tyre.
    We spent a morning at the Peugeot Dealer at Bayeaux...I can recommend their customer service but the showroom becomes very boring after waiting for 4-5 hours there......whilst a new wheel & tyre was rsutled up from Paris (?).

The 207 was terrific.....good performance, fuel consumption, driveability, luggage space.
    The only downside was width across the front seats as compared with our 307.....the 207 was noticeably narrower & we noticed it when we brushed elbows....something we do not do in the 307.
    Apart from the width restrictions above....it was really just so good.

We both remarked that the trip was an ideal road test for a prospective buyer.

We travelled at pretty good speeds in both Italy & France...particularly in Northern Italy after noticing that the Autostrada speed camera boxes were empty, having got passed by a hearse, and after a Police Sergeant ( in charge of the Police Snow Patrol) at Cortina told us that in Nth Italy the speed enforcement is fairly casual like the lifestyle whilst in Sth Italy the speed enforcement is more strict....it was the last day of the snow season, the Snow Patrol had completed their last patrol, it was a beautiful sunny very cold day & we were at 2500 metres at a Cafe/Chairlift station & the Sergeant was shouting us glasses of Prosecco & free snacks whilst the young Italian policemen (all volunteers for the Snow Patrol) were interested in coming to Australia to meet our daughters.
    In France we generally stuck to the Motorway speed limits after hearing tales of speeding drivers losing their licences on the spot if caught by Gendarmes for excessive speeds.
    The drag races from the multi-gate tollway stations on to the motorways was a highlight.

I would recommend a 207 HDI manual wagon to any one......we would consider one as a replacement for our 307 except for the fact that Peugeot no longer sells the plain-jane model but introduced the bluidy stupid fake Subaru Outback look-a-alike tacky version with the tacked-on false plastic trim...we wouldn't be seen dead in one of those.

Happy motoring,
    Regards,
    Richad.

Default Bought a 308

Ended up buying a 308 HDI Manual Wagon. A bit of a challange getting a manual trans. though. All going well so far.

Ended up buying a 308 HDI Manual Wagon. A bit of a challange getting a manual trans. though. All going well so far.
    Good choice. How do you find the front seats in the 308 ? I really liked the 308 Wagon when I had it as a loan car but no matter what I did with the front seat my back suffered.

Well done.

Its almost criminal they are no longer offering this with a manual trans. The auto HDi has only marginally better economy than the manual petrol version.

The front seats are fairly firm compared to our older 307. Might a bedding in process. Did not know the manual trans was no longer available. We live in the country and like the manuals, but I have been into the big bad city a couple of times in crappy traffic and you can see why an auto would be better. The 308 not as good as the 307 in fuel use yet, but only done 5000ks. Not sure what is happening in Bendigo re a Peugeot dealer. Can anyone update.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    How do you find the front seats in the 308 ?
    Must be a common theme with the 308. I sit fairly upright in my 308 and find the seats ok. My wife is more reclined and gets a back ache after 30mins in my car.

Thread Information