So sad...
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: So sad...

Default So sad...

Quote from Russell Hall......

I don't want anyone getting upset over this, but it's over for me. I was fooling myself that something could be worked out. I will delete this thread tonight - so long as it's here it keeps drawing me back in. I've got the disc to create, I'll write a few articles for club mags and look for a more suitable home.

Advertisement

Saddest thing I think I've ever read. Good Luck, Russell.

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

While I recall what Russell was getting upset over, the reality is that very few people who announce their withdrawal from a forum actually never return. I just don't understand the need to delete a vast amount of useful information that was popular because somebody on the internet criticised some matters unrelated to the writers speciality. However no one is correct all the time - and those that have a different viewpoint are entitled to air it. If you don't like the text or context in a forum that is the "off topic" area - don't read it.

By contrast those who just "disappear" usually do go forever.
    Last edited by 2353; 29th January 2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Changed after I found he tread in question.
    Save the earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2353 View Post
    By contrast those who just "disappear" usually do go forever.
    Maybe. But they don't usually lock the door on the way out?

Who locked Russell's thread?

Mike.
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catshamlet View Post
    Maybe. But they don't usually lock the door on the way out?

Who locked Russell's thread?

Mike.
    i did
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

1000+ Posts

Default Time to go

Time to go, the liner is pulling out of the dock and I'm on my way to the Old Country to drive Mimi along the highways and byways. Gave Luc Crapez a rest from my avatar and have actually included a picture of me in the mountains from the front of the Herald Sun. For the benefit of the man who called me a pansy. Good luck and best wishes to all who liked my threads, I know there is nothing else like it about so pressure is on to find a new home. A pity the moderators couldn't care less because they made no real offers to stay and didn't reply to my communications. I've always wanted to do a Titus Oates - Ï may be gone some little time". Now if I could only find where the Mariposa is berthed......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So sad...-percy-leason.jpg  

ahhhh FFFS go already...

Only a panzy would do as you... run... and because of what???? what??? you d be ten times the man if you held your head high and stood your ground... your threads were great and liked by many... but at the end of the day they were just threads... words and pictures... there is much more to this forum then threads... its about the people, personalities.... their cars, their tomatoes, their skodas...
    Dont be so freaking precious... THE THREADS BELONG TO US ALL... When you decide to take what rightfully belongs to all then you will show your true colours... I suggest you stay, have a strong vodka, and let bygones be bygones... Continue to "share"... continue to "give"... asking nothing in return... that is the spirit... Ahhh FFFFFFS... maybe I was right...

dino

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I suggest you stay, have a strong vodka, and let bygones be bygones... Continue to "share"... continue to "give"... asking nothing in return... that is the spirit...

dino
    Yeah would be good to see you stay Russell and like many do here just stay out of the Toad Pond!

I wish you well whatever you decide. (two cheers for the virtual vodka )

Kaye

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    ahhhh FFFS go already...

Only a panzy would do as you... run... and because of what???? what??? you d be ten times the man if you held your head high and stood your ground... your threads were great and liked by many... but at the end of the day they were just threads... words and pictures... there is much more to this forum then threads... its about the people, personalities.... their cars, their tomatoes, their skodas...
    Dont be so freaking precious... THE THREADS BELONG TO US ALL... When you decide to take what rightfully belongs to all then you will show your true colours... I suggest you stay, have a strong vodka, and let bygones be bygones... Continue to "share"... continue to "give"... asking nothing in return... that is the spirit... Ahhh FFFFFFS... maybe I was right...

dino
    Still have no idea what is going on with this, something to do with Toad Pond, who knows? I never go there and perhaps if Russell didn't he wouldn't have any problems.
    A BIG misunderstanding it seems with computer gliches seeming to Russell like snubs from AF management?
    This isn't the first time Russell has been offended.
    One thing I will say though WHY DON"T PEOPLE USE THEIR NAMES? What purpose does it serve by not doing so?
    I am often surprised to find out the identity of people, in some cases years later.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Still have no idea what is going on with this, something to do with Toad Pond, who knows? I never go there and perhaps if Russell didn't he wouldn't have any problems.
    A BIG misunderstanding it seems with computer gliches seeming to Russell like snubs from AF management?
    This isn't the first time Russell has been offended.
    One thing I will say though WHY DON"T PEOPLE USE THEIR NAMES? What purpose does it serve by not doing so?
    I am often surprised to find out the identity of people, in some cases years later.
    Graham
    you are absolutely right graham...

I ve tried posting many times and found myself logged out,... or not given permission or this or that...
    ALL TECHNICAL GLITCHES... NONE SNUBS...
    Geeeezzzz if I got offended each time I got logged out or didnt get a response...

it really is a big misunderstanding... and its turned a mole into a mountain...

Russ... dont be a tosspot (I say this in the nicest possible way)... hang around for a bit longer... dont base your decision on an incomplete picture...

dino (my real name)

Good grief. Really? Seems a little petty truth be told.

Oh well. Whatever.

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRAHAM WALLIS View Post
    Graham
    Ok, I'll start Edited my signature to include my full (real) name.
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

I personally have had my ears clipped several times by members for what appeared to be off color comments by me.

I also took offence a couple of time by the comments of others on here.

But being a grown up about I have duly apologised when required and try not to take comments from people I don't even know as a personal attack....how can it be a personal attack if they don't even know me?

Icon8

I can't believe some of the replies here...

This is the Peugeot forum folks, how long will this thread last here??

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this and you people are fanning the embers

Edit: Thanks Rob for removing your reply.

Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

My mistake, didn't realise it was the Peugeot forum...I'm outa here and going back to the Renault side where things are peaceful....

Thread Information