306 Drop-links
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 306 Drop-links

306 Drop-links

I am looking at replacing the drop-links in the front-end of my S16 as the bushes are getting quite noisy, however there are two to choose from. Replacing the original plastic ones for $88ea, or replacing them with a metal type which are only $55ea. It seems the metal ones were standard on pre 1995 cars.

My question is whether anyone has had any experiences with comparing these? Cullen & Sons say that they have replaced several plastic ones, but never a metal one. This could lead me to believe that the metal ones are a stronger item, and when costing less would be the way to go.

If anyone is able to take a picture of these for me? It would be great as I want to make sure these are at least as strong as the plastic ones (which are heavily reinforced with ridges) and they are not simply a thin metal rod like what is used in the 205.

Cheers
    Brad

Advertisement
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Brad, hows it. I think my car has metal ones, ive never had a fault with, and they are ridged for stregth, if they fit right on then go for it.
    Save you hassles later, and were talking about $60 bucks more for the pair...
    Sorry no digi-cam or any camera to post a pic with.
    Cheers Xq

ps, ill be looking at engine mounts in about 6months when i get more power.. stay tuned,
    ... ptui!

Chris, the metal ones are cheaper though. Have a close look as mine look like black metal but are actually really hard plastic. They have a square section with triangular stengthening ridges in them.

BTW, also getting new control arm bushes and gear linkages in the next few days. Stay tuned
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Thread Information