The Brng 203 thread
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    1000+ Posts

Default The Brng 203 thread

I wish to aplogise for withdrawing The Boring 203 Thread and other pieces of my work from Aussiefrogs. Circumstances in another forum have made it intolerable for me to remain. At this stage I do not have another home for my posts nor am I actively looking for one. However I do not wish to lose contact with the enthusiasts who have enjoyed my threads. There are a number of possibilities. The material I have withdrawn I will put on a disc and send it at my cost to enthusiasts. There is perhaps the possibility of a monthly online newsletter like the Worm Review. I am open to suggestions. If you wish to remain in touch at this stage we should exchange e-mail addresses. PM me your contact details and I will return to pick them up at the end of the week. A number of people already have my address but I do not wish the people who have driven me from this site to obtain it.
    This post is for information only not discussion. If it is trolled by louts and cyber bullies I will immediately delete it.

Advertisement

Default Russell is cool ...

Stay in touch.

friday403 (Chris)

[email protected]

russell is.
    fnqvmuch (steven)
    [email protected]

Fellow Frogger!

email address sent

Message of support also sent.

My email
    [email protected].
    Started out with nothing, still got most of it left.

Fellow Frogger!

Default And mine

Spammers will be set fire to!
    Email add sent. Russell nedd not be criticised.

Sad to hear Russel

I have read back through many of your posts, and was just finishing my way through the 203 thread (not exactly boring, apparently!)

I will send you a pm with my contact details; I would feel deprived without the knowledge you impart!

Best of luck

Tadpole

I read your articles /pictures with great interest .
    Please keep me informed
    regards
    Richard

Russell

The 203 thread was a ripper, thanks for your efforts with this thread, and all those 203 photos, where did you get them?.

PM sent with contact details.

Regards
    OddfireV6
    504 V6 24V, 203

1000+ Posts

Yes I too am very sad to hear of any problems Russell may have had. I sent you a PM too Russell and hope you'll keep me in the loop.
    All the best.
    Dan

1000+ Posts

Icon4

You have my original PM and contact details - appreciate a call anytime Russell.

Regards
    Ken

Fellow Frogger!

PM sent.

Cheers
    Graham Lewis

Fellow Frogger!

Terrific threads Russell. thoroughly enjoyable.

PM sent with contact details.

Cheers

John T

Echo all the other comments about how you have been treated Russell.

I have enjoyed you informative posts, especially as I remember the cars well as there were a lot around when I first got my licence

Decca
    Present --2016 2008 Outdoor / 2014 RAV4 Diesel (My utilitarian beast)

Past -- 19?? 403 / 1974 504GL / 1972 R12TL / 1995 405SRi / 1997 406ST / 1998 306XT / 2004 406HD1 / 2008 308XSE HDi / 2008 307XSE

I can't imagine why anyone would want to drive you and your contributions away from aussiefrogs, Russell. I found them captivating, and always got a smile on my face when I saw a new post from you on the 'boring 203' thread. I will miss them.

I've sent you a PM with my contact details. All the best to you.

Cheers
    Al

1000+ Posts

Thanks all for the kind comments. I am working through the list of contacts you have given me and will get in touch with everyone. Please don't leave any more PM's on this forum as it may be some time before I visit again. I will let everyone know if I set up somewhere else.
    Until we meet again,
    Russell

Fellow Frogger!

Default The very worst face of forums.

I think the previous from Russell is one of the saddest things I have ever read. It rates alongside Thanos having to remove his 504 rally thread, only somewhat worse. Guys with passion shot down sharing their knowledge.
    There is a fair bit of snail slime attached to the guys who forced Russell and Thanos and others to take this action.
    If this is what some people get off on, on your own head be it.

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    wasn't aware of the loss to 504 / rally knowledge, sharing of.
    not happy with this forum, such waste for zero gain.
    PM sent... your reply is grossly inaccurate

With all due respect for Russell's wishes that this thread not be tainted, I'll not comment further.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

The innuendo here is just bloody ridiculous.
    We haven't been told why Russell is pissing off, and we will never know if it's a reasonable thing or just a bad hair day for Russell.
    Sorry Russell, I think the typed word should be able to be used by people of distinction, such as yourself, to illustrate their thoughts and sentiments, without fear of retribution from whatever quarter.
    Why can't you just come clean and tell us what it's really all about eh?

South America, Argentina, That country that looks like hanging from the map... just about to fall...

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    The innuendo here is just bloody ridiculous.
    We haven't been told why Russell is pissing off, and we will never know if it's a reasonable thing or just a bad hair day for Russell.
    Sorry Russell, I think the typed word should be able to be used by people of distinction, such as yourself, to illustrate their thoughts and sentiments, without fear of retribution from whatever quarter.
    Why can't you just come clean and tell us what it's really all about eh?

Well... you've just wrote a resume of what I sent by PM to him. Something like that... And I feel (And I think I speak on the name of all of us) that a little, jusssst a little part of the entire thread belong to us. As we red, we commented, we pointed a few things, maybe by our comments (all this is not related to me, is more related to the rest of you, as the language restriction is some kind of barrier to me, that makes quite hard to write, or to express my ideas) Russell did some kind of improve on the original idea, etc etc.

And, I don't understand yet what happened (again the language barrier), and It is really oddish, the situation and fact that one important member can be bothered / annoyed buy some others that maybe are not so.

So, Is it possible to review this situation? And I don't only mean about him ,that above all and fist of any other thing, is HIS decission, and we must respect it (but better if we can convince him to come back here), I mean also about the mods/admins (example, GreenBlood, who had written here) to check the entire history related to this issue and find a way to solve it. Maybe we are in time to get him back... ¿Can we? Please, do not feel this offensive or imperative to tell what to do, I am just asking.

I hope haven't hassled anyone with my comments.
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by luthier View Post
    It is simply impractical to expect a petrol motor to get through too much water. That's why God invented diesels.

1000+ Posts

Twice tonight I have tried to send PM's to Greenblood but both times they have been rejected. I don't want to stir things up any more than they are by discusssing things publicly.
    An interesting reference - look at the article in the Sunday Age on nastiness in anonymous internet forums.

1000+ Posts

As I cannot contact the site administrators I have decided to publish my reasons for leaving but again after explaining them in detail I have been refused permission to post. I hope this gets through.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Hall View Post
    As I cannot contact the site administrators I have decided to publish my reasons for leaving but again after explaining them in detail I have been refused permission to post. I hope this gets through.
    Russell you have full access, if you are having difficulties sending PMs maybe your inbox is full????

I can be contacted via email greenblood(at)aussiefrogs(dot)com

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Three times I have had the same thing happen with long posts last night and this morning. I am told I do not have permission and I find I have been logged out.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information