ABS Fault - 206 GTi
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Icon5 [SOLVED] ABS Fault - 206 GTi

Hi,

Trying to nut out an ABS fault on an '02 206 GTi (BSI equipped it seems) and trying to tap into some Forum wisdom.

The ABS appears to fail the self-test when ignition is turned on, as the warning light to the right of the Airbag warning light stays on.

I am wondering what possible things I can check, at least until my Lexia 3 cables arrive. Doesn't appear to be Brake Fluid level as that brings up a separate fault.

I don't have a wiring diagram, but traced back the ABS sensors to the ABS unit loom plug. All 4 ABS sensors appear pretty similar @ just over 1100 Ohms.

Does anyone know of a wiring diagram available (online) or better still a workshop manual?

Any other things to check that have a history related to my fault?

Advertisement

Thanks,
    Al
    Last edited by Steptoe; 20th January 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Solved

Tadpole

Icon9

OK so noone has had this trouble (yet)?

Anyway, got the Cables in the post in record time. Thanks DHL. Just struggling to find a Windows XP laptop around here that actually works so I can install the software.

My Windows 7 Machine doesn't have PRO, so not elligible for the "XP Mode" download. Ideally wanted to install it on the Netbook, but that only has Windows 7 Starter.

Peugeot had a website where you can buy wiring information, or you can chance it with a Haynes Manual (there are two - you'd want the 2nd one with a black cover for '01-'06 models), which also has numerous wiring diagrams in it.

I'd suggest you wait for the Lexia 3 diagnosis gear first, if it is on the way.

I'm not aware of any free wiring manuals online.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

have you tried cleaning the wheel sensors ?
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by pugrambo View Post
    The Self-Test doesn't expect to see pulses in a stationary vehicle. I believe is just checks the loop back resistance, which are all the same at the ABS unit plug (within 20 Ohms).

dont bother until you have some fault codes to go off, you wont know where to start otherwise
    The wrong oil is better than no oil at all.

Tadpole

Finally got my DiagBox/Lexia Cable working after struggling with Win7 xp Mode. Got a loan of an old XP laptop and it's all smooth sailing now.

So, to the ABS. My assumption of a self test fail was wrong, which explains why the sensors tested OK. The fault was a retain code for an intermittent reading error from a rear wheel sensor. The fault cleared OK and the warning light is no longer lit.

Best ~$100 I've spent getting the Cable. I think I'm going to enjoy playing with DiagBox.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    Finally got my DiagBox/Lexia Cable working after struggling with Win7 xp Mode. Got a loan of an old XP laptop and it's all smooth sailing now.

So, to the ABS. My assumption of a self test fail was wrong, which explains why the sensors tested OK. The fault was a retain code for an intermittent reading error from a rear wheel sensor. The fault cleared OK and the warning light is no longer lit.

Best ~$100 I've spent getting the Cable. I think I'm going to enjoy playing with DiagBox.
    hmmmm
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Tadpole

hmmmm
    I didn't have to clean anything. I checked as you suggested but found nothing wrong. Your suggestion would more apply if the sensor wasn't give a speed feedback on a moving vehicle, but as the car was stationary it was unlikely. Not sure if you use Kepner Tregoe in your working life, but it's useful for problem solving.

The fault I had is retained, and not cleared until you take it to the dealer due to it being part of a Safety System. So at some stage it had a problem, but it's no longer there. I've not long bought the car, so don't know it's complete history.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions folks.
    Last edited by Steptoe; 20th January 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information