gti 180 coolant
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: gti 180 coolant

Default gti 180 coolant

Hi all. I have checked the coolant level in mt 206 gti180, but as these things are, the reservoir is so opaque that i cant see what the level is.

I thought it may be safe to top up the level just in case, but i was wondering what coolant is ok to use. I checked the manual, but couldnt find the type it mentions at Supercheap auto.

Would normal coolant do the job as well, or do i need the stuff that the manual specifies.

thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by KK Puggy View Post
    Hi all. I have checked the coolant level in mt 206 gti180, but as these things are, the reservoir is so opaque that i cant see what the level is.

I thought it may be safe to top up the level just in case, but i was wondering what coolant is ok to use. I checked the manual, but couldnt find the type it mentions at Supercheap auto.

Would normal coolant do the job as well, or do i need the stuff that the manual specifies.

thanks for any help.
    More important perhaps is that you use the same coolant that is in the car now.

jo

fair enough then. It will get a service reasonably soon, so it would be best to wait till then probably. Its not running hot or anything, but i think thats often not a definite sign that all is well.

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by KK Puggy View Post
    thanks for any help.

G'day,
    if you can manage to get the sun in the right position, you can almost see the level. Don't overfill, as it will spill onto the plastic head cover.
    It doesn't need refilling often, in need I use filtered water.
    At other times, it is replaced during the regular service.
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Thread Information