307 coolant capacity
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 307 coolant capacity

Hi All,

About to replace coolant on my 307 HDi Touring 2.0L. Just wondering what the capacity is?
    I have looked in the book that came with the car and there is no mention of it. Interestingly, in the coolant section there is a note that says "Coolant does not need to be changed"??

Cheers
    Michael

Advertisement

Default Re: coolant quantity

I have had a look in the Haynes w/shop manual I have and it states for the 2.0lt HDi, approx. 8.2lts. If any more specs needed, pleased to help.

Graeme

Tadpole

Cheers Graeme. big help.

I thought if I could not find out i would just mix up 2 litres at a time until it filled up!

Thanks again
    Michael

Default Hint.....

Read the manual.......

There are two bleed points that need to be opened during the fill process and opened again during the warm up.

Tip.....Have a snug fitting pipe into the overflow tank, so as the fill level is well above the top of the motor, (I have a section of thick walled clear silicone rubber tube that works a treat)......The higher the better...at least 1 1/2 foot. You will have to drop the level once full and all the air traps bled. (I find a big syringe with a large diameter long catheter works for the level correction).
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Tadpole

Thanks Gamma. the only manual I have is the one that came with the car. Pretty useless.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    Read the manual.......

There are two bleed points that need to be opened during the fill process and opened again during the warm up.

Tip.....Have a snug fitting pipe into the overflow tank, so as the fill level is well above the top of the motor, (I have a section of thick walled clear silicone rubber tube that works a treat)......The higher the better...at least 1 1/2 foot. You will have to drop the level once full and all the air traps bled. (I find a big syringe with a large diameter long catheter works for the level correction).
    Hi Gamma, in the process of changing the coolant. Measured what came out which was just over 5 litres. Cant find the bleed points though. The picture in the manual does not help. Could you point me towards where they are.

Thanks, Lockwood116

Quote Originally Posted by lockwood116 View Post
    Hi Gamma, in the process of changing the coolant. Measured what came out which was just over 5 litres. Cant find the bleed points though. The picture in the manual does not help. Could you point me towards where they are.

Thanks, Lockwood116
    As per my PM.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 307 coolant capacity-307_bleed-point.jpg  
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

When I changed the coolant in my 306, I chucked a fair amount of plumbers tape around the thread of a cut open coke bottle which then fit snugly into the filler tank hole and didn't leak. This worked beautifully as a header tank. As for the bleed screws, they are crucial! Not sure if the filler tank on the 307 is the same...
    Last edited by borosa; 22nd November 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Thread Information