Group N exhaust 205
  • Register
  • Help

Default Group N exhaust 205

Anywhere in aus I can buy the whole system?

Or does anyone know if Pug Sport will ship here, just the muffler?

Advertisement

Or what are my other opitions?
    Prefer to buy the exhaust from within the country.

Not sure where you will find one in Oz but the pipe diameter is different to the standard system, so if you're only thinking about the muffler you will need an adaptor / weld.

The Peugeot Sport full sysytem consists of 4 sections, a 4 branch manifold that is joined to larger diameter pipes X 2 [ All one piece ]. These twin pipes are connected to one large diameter pipe with a "Y" piece and then the rear muffler.

I have not seen one in a long time. I had it on my Gti in the UK many moons ago... Sounded great and the response and more power was noticable but its illegal on public roads in EU now. I would check your state laws as this system gets very loud at higher rpm, thats if you find one.

Yeah I realise this.

Was just going to get the muffler and get a new cat to suit.

I'm sure the exhaust shop can make it all work.

If I get the Pugsport gpn muffler, get some pipe to suit, cat to suit, and they can make it adapt to the downpipe.
    Thats why I pay them

Anyone ever bought one of these Universal Group N mufflers?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CITROEN-S...ht_4220wt_1185

Can't find any reviews or anything about this "Alten Performance".

OMP told me 150Euros to post just the group n silencer to here.
    So lets just round it off to $400 for an OMP muffler -_-

Thinking about this universal one because it is under half the price, and also I can get a 2" one. So I would have a bit more back pressure than the 2.5" system, as I'm only running a standard 8v atm (gonna go twin webbers later).

Maybe I'll take a gamble and be the guinea pig of this muffler. It might last a little longer once the whole system is powder coated.

If you're only running standard 8 valve what are you trying to achieve with a Grp N muffler ? Standard factory setup flows well and comes standard with a note. Also excuse my Ignorance but why the quest for more back pressure ?

achieve, a raspier note and also a bit more volume would be nice.

Back pressure, not going to get "more". By using the 2" muffler i will be keeping closer to the original back pressure, opposed to the 2.5" muffler.

Although i want the car to be louder and raspier, i want it road legal.

The exhaust is old, and the rear muffler was rusted out, and i haven't bothered to check whether it's the cat or the mid muffler that has grenaded. So i may aswell replace the entire lot.

Can achieve ev

Don't you hate it when that happens : (

Anyway you can achieve all you wish for $800 max. I had a full factory spec fitted for my S3 and it has a road legal note. Can pm supplier details of you wish.

i'm no expert and certainly 2 stroke mufflers work with different pressure areas but i do remember reading on 205gtidrivers someone saying it is ridiculous to think that any extra blockage in the exhaust will be good for performance and i can't help but think it sounds logical when air flow is the primary concern. i.e.: back pressure helping is a fallacy.
    1990 205gti 8v, sv1000, zx6, sv650, zxr750, rgv250, austin 1800, fiat 124ac, fiat x1/9, 76 rd350, 124bc, lancia beta, yz125G, yz80h, yz50g, gtmx80c

Thread Information