Removing 504 distributor
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger! callipygous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    798

    Default Removing 504 distributor

    Hi,

    I'm going to be putting my engine together soon with the electronic ignition. So, I need to blank off where the distributor was, as I'll be using a 36-1 wheel. Question is, does something need to be in place to put pressure on the distributor/oil pump drive shaft to stop it jumping up? I haven't looked closely at it, but depending on the way the gears are cut in relation to the rotation of the motor, it may or may not need something there... or could I just get away with a blanking plate to keep dust out?

    Advertisement

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts jo proffi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    sydney
    Posts
    8,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by callipygous View Post
    Hi,

    I'm going to be putting my engine together soon with the electronic ignition. So, I need to blank off where the distributor was, as I'll be using a 36-1 wheel. Question is, does something need to be in place to put pressure on the distributor/oil pump drive shaft to stop it jumping up? I haven't looked closely at it, but depending on the way the gears are cut in relation to the rotation of the motor, it may or may not need something there... or could I just get away with a blanking plate to keep dust out?
    IS that the same block as a fuego/r21/r25??? (sorry i dont know pugs)

    If so, there is a plate that bolts on which has an o-ring oil seal and a surface to contain the shaft as you mentioned.

    There is a prety cast alloy plate and an ugly pressed steel version.

    If it is the same and you want a plate, I've got a few ugly steel ones to spare.

    Jo

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ferntree Gully, Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Hi Mark

    All i did was just cut the top of the original distributor and bolted it in. In the end, i used it as a cam trigger for the ecu so that i could run sequential ignition and injection.

    You should also be able to use some Teflon rod in its place.

    mike
    1972 504 Ti

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! callipygous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    IS that the same block as a fuego/r21/r25??? (sorry i dont know pugs)

    If so, there is a plate that bolts on which has an o-ring oil seal and a surface to contain the shaft as you mentioned.

    There is a prety cast alloy plate and an ugly pressed steel version.

    If it is the same and you want a plate, I've got a few ugly steel ones to spare.

    Jo
    Thanks, but it's different.

  5. #5
    Fellow Frogger! callipygous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
    Hi Mark

    All i did was just cut the top of the original distributor and bolted it in. In the end, i used it as a cam trigger for the ecu so that i could run sequential ignition and injection.

    You should also be able to use some Teflon rod in its place.

    mike
    So you do need something to hold it in place then?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •