my 504 cabriolet
  • Register
  • Help

Default my 504 cabriolet

I am the proud owner of a 73 504 cabriolet i purchased sight unseen from a classic dealer in uk near Southampton. It was restored 17 years ago with many new panels and well rustproofed .I knew it had good paint aith a few dents and scratches and a tatty roof but had a new mot cert .When it arrived i found bad rust under the back seat from water going the wrong side of the roof drainage channel, and in the rear valance panel .it also had both electric window cable drums siezed. I ordered a new cream soft top from European Trimming Co in uk ,but when i fitted it the material was too tight for it to close and the only solution was to modify the rear hood bow .I have now finished painting it in 2 pac dark green [vert hudson]metallic and it looks stunning .I had one of these before from 81 to 89 and it was the most attention grabbing car i have driven. Now i have a problem this car .in june i took the door handles,headlight rims and tail light surrounds to be chromed . now nearly 4 monthes later [ they were supposed to take 2 weeks] they say they have been sent somewhere else and i suspect they have lost them [Hilite Plating in Fairfield ,dont go there]. Does anyone know a good source of parts for 504 cc s in uk or europe that is easy to deal with in english ? I would like to find somewhere that lists new or reproduction parts available for these cars . i know Kurt Orby in Belgium but i have seen a couple of people say" dont deal with this guy "when googled his name .Also does anyone know if reproduction manufactures plates are available anywhere ? .Anyone who has a rhd 504 cc check the allignment of the accelerator cable and the pedal .mine broke soon after arrival and i had to drill a new hole in t he firewall to fit the new cable in the right place I will try to show some pictures when i workout how

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my 504 cabriolet-001.jpg   my 504 cabriolet-002.jpg   my 504 cabriolet-003.jpg  

The car looks fabulous.
    I hope you find something here (Google search)
    http://www.peugeotparts.co.uk/
    http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/freeads_make/peugeot.htm

Quote Originally Posted by julian b View Post
    Anyone who has a rhd 504 cc check the allignment of the accelerator cable and the pedal .mine broke soon after arrival and i had to drill a new hole in t he firewall to fit the new cable in the right place I will try to show some pictures when i workout how
    Mine's a RHD and has a floor hinged pedal that leans to the right and was probably designed for a LHD given how close it ends up to the panel in front of the door.

I'm not sure this was original however because a box of spares I got from the previous owner contains a pendant pedal much like what is seen on 504s here.

I'm not surprised things are a bit skew, the conversion doesn't look to have been the greatest quality.

it also had both electric window cable drums siezed
    I think this is very much par for the course, I've freed mine up several times and they work for a bit but then soon seize up again. The wire seems to get a permanent bend and then won't wind onto/off the drum properly.
    Last edited by Uffee; 11th October 2011 at 03:45 PM.
    504 GL Coupe '73 Silver
    504 GTDT Pickup Mini-Motorhome '83 Coral Red
    407 HDi Sedan '05

Fellow Frogger!

Do not deal with Orbie! I am not sure how easy the door handles are to find, but it's just a matter of patience. I was looking for one for my 72 coupe, it took four years and paid a sum I am embarassed to admit. Then I saw them come up four times in ebay.fr in two years (from different vendors) for a lot less. I suggest you check weekly ebay.fr and leboncoin.fr, you may find a good deal of trim items. The car looks great but the seats are not original. The early models do not have a headrest (or retractable seatbelts), clearly not as safe as the ones in your car

I had the same problem with the floor mounted plastic pedal leaning too far to the right .The flexible plastic at the base was broken at the left side and i fitted a small hinge at the base to hold it at the correct angle .also the plastic trim panel has a recessed hole where it is screwed to the inner sill ,i cut out the recessed part ,creating a larger hole and using a larger washer ,screwed it to the sill so it is now flat against the sill and gives more room between the brake and the panel for large feet

The seats are original but the headrests are not .I had to fit them for the registration process here .They are compulsory after 72 and it is a 73 model .

Very nice!
    1966 Peugeot 404 Coupé Injection post-restoration reassembly underway!
    Register your 404: https://recensement.leclub404.com/submit.php

Thread Information