Oil leak 2001 306
  • Register
  • Help

Default Oil leak 2001 306

Hey team,

Hoping this is an easy one.

Car went for roadworthy and failed, as well as with other things, due to an oil leak on the front of the engine.

I have already tightened the oil filter as I suspected this was the culprit, but it's still leaking.

Can any suggest what else I can look for on the front of the block.

Visibility in there is crap due to inlet manifold, so I'm wondering if I should remove to investigate.

Advertisement

Thanks in advance,

Jase

I think the first thing to do is to clean the front of the engine with a degreaser and go for a decent drive to try to determine the source of leak before you start pulling pieces of engine.
    By the way is the oil black or red as we all know that oil can travel some distance from it's original source.
    One other thing is that it concerns me that you have retightened oil filter. These should only be done up by hand and overtightening can be a source of leaks. Also sometimes people can inadvertently leave an old rubber seal on filter housing and then screw new filter on top causing a leak. Good luck : )

Never found out the reason, but my 306 once came back from a service with an oil leak somewhere on top of the engine (not major) whose fix defied two or three subsequent services, till I took it to Universe Motors in Swan St, Richmond.
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ére grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Thread Information