205gti brake upgrade question
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205gti brake upgrade question

cant use search as i dont own a computer and i'm using this on my mobile phone, haha.

I'm doing a rear disc conversion and a front big brake conversion, using 306 rears and i'm going to go with 307 fronts(would assume discs + pads are cheaper than gti6's, for future replacement).

Advertisement

I have read about doing the front big brake upgrade and they say its not essential to upgrade booster or master cylinder. But i was wondering would with the rear disc conversion also, would this become essential?

I'll be doing this conversion regardless in the next two weeks, so i'll get my answer. But i was just wondering if anyone had some previous knowledge of this?

Dan

For the rear disc change over I don't believe its required (I'm literally bolting my disc rearbeam in today). However, I think for a larger front brake combo, I'd be inclined to upgrade the m/c. There is thread on this somewhere. I suggest hitting a internet cafe, getting hold a computer for an hour or two and do a search. There a few m/c available to you, so you want to make sure you use the correct one.

Goodluck and don't forget some pictures. We all like a good sticky beak.

Chris

Either 306 22mm 4 port non abs, or 406 23.8mm 4 port non abs.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Do you have to change to larger diameter brake lines to Peter? If so, what size?

You have your motor back together yet?

Chris

DjB8V - I'm running the 23.8mm 406 master in my car with 205 gti 1.6 front brakes on the rear and 307 front brakes on the front... The pedal is very good. I did notice a massive difference in pedal feel when i changed brake pads also.

+1 here. 406 23.8 Master cylinder. Exact fit and uses same 205 fluid reservoir. The non ABS MC has 4 ports, the ABS MC has two ports. Make sure you buy NON ABS.

Moo
    ....now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner!

Thread Information