206 Oil Cooler + Other probs
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 206 Oil Cooler + Other probs

So, on Tuesday I will be getting my oil cooler replaced ( Looks like its leaking oil into coolant :O ) set me back a little but that's ok one of those things you can't avoid not fixing!
    Just wondering with a few small things:

Advertisement

1. Still shudders on takeoff even after getting rear engine mount replaced , do I need a new clutch and if so what would you suggest as to brands? It doesn't seem to slip when I test it in 5th and floor it the revs gradually move up, but when driving normally when I engage the clutch in 2nd a thud can be felt.

2. Need new tyres, the ones currently on it are Bridgestone adrenalin re001, thinking about replacing them with some re002's but they cost about $250 a pop.

3. Exhaust has small leak and the baffles in the manifold need welding, could the small leak attribute to some loss of power?

4. I don't quite know how to explain this but the accelerator feels notchy? like it has an unusual sort of resistance to it, not sure what that is.

5. Where the hell does the jack go?! I brought a replacement one because I couldn't seem to find the original but I have no idea where to put it.

Anyways, sorry for my typically long posts but I do take in what you guys say because after all you know these French joys like I do not!
    '01 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by camerongb View Post

5. Where the hell does the jack go?! I brought a replacement one because I couldn't seem to find the original but I have no idea where to put it.
    The jack lives inside the spare wheel. If you drop the wheel off its cage, inside should be a dusty container with the jack.

You'll probably have two now
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Haha! Dad just went red faced when I showed him. Thanks! Always handy to have a spare
    '01 206 GTi

Thread Information