405 series 1 dicky a/con
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 405 series 1 dicky a/con

I have a series 1 405MI16 . The air conditioning does not always actuate . The switch will light but faintly but when the compressor locks in it glows at full brightness and the air works properly . I understand there is a small circuit board that does the switching , could this be my problem and where is it to check it out . how would I get it out .

Advertisement

Any help appreciated to calm an annoyed wife

1000+ Posts

Default pressure switch

theres also this switch ,which opens circuit when gas pressure is low contacts could be dicky it will be somewhere under the bonnet in a gas line ,check the contacts were it plugs in .PUGS I HAVE A 405 HERE BUT ITS NOT HERE NOW ,IL CHECK LATER

1000+ Posts

Might be on the verge of needing a regas. If you take it to the aircon bloke he'll soon work out the problem. I've found they are usually pretty good and not too spensive.

Fellow Frogger!

Air is freezing when operating so I think it has plenty of gas , will have it checked though , but bad contacts will be well worth checking out .

Thanks for your help guys

pmc
    Tadpole

Default maybe the thermostat

Hi had a problem with the clutch not engaging all the time on my 205 and it turned out to be a faulty electronic thermostat which was replaced by a mechanical one now ok...

good luck but point auto electrician there if the gas is ok and an intermittent fault

Thread Information