Peugeot 3008 Hybrid test drive
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Default Peugeot 3008 Hybrid test drive

Has anyone heard of a UK program called Fully Charged?

Advertisement

Robert LLewellin is the host. Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrYRKM3Xyvc
    1998 Peugeot 406 D8SV Manual
    1999 Peugeot 406 D8ST Auto
    2002 Peugeot 406 D9SV Manual
    1994 Peuegot 306 N3 Cabriolet Manual
    1994 Peugeot 306 XR N3 Hatch
    1995 Peugeot 505 GTI executive
    1976 Peugeot 504 Sedan - Now sold

Over 60 Pugs in my time
    Gerry Mullock

The new plug in version with the larger battery pack and increased wattage will be the one to go for.

What we are seeing is the start of the metamorphic stage of car propulsion. The end result in the future will be all electric / battery no doubt as battery technology evolves.

A lot of people just don't know what to make of the new Diesel hybrids [ 3008 and 508 RXH ] and the corresponding 4WD system, and are already negative about this progress and evolution but its a logical application that obviously works.

The question is how will that poor Diesel switching on and off all the time not carbonize and cause a multitude of depollution faults. Call me a pesimist.....

Once they have a strong enough Li Ion or Polymer battery pack [ or whatever new and more efficient technology that comes out ], they will apply it to the front and get rid of the combustion engine sooner rather than later. Scary...

Could this spell the end of the Hoon as we know it ?

Will the F1 races be ear plug free ? I hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by 908HDI View Post
    The new plug in version with the larger battery pack and increased wattage will be the one to go for.

What we are seeing is the start of the metamorphic stage of car propulsion. The end result in the future will be all electric / battery no doubt as battery technology evolves.

A lot of people just don't know what to make of the new Diesel hybrids [ 3008 and 508 RXH ] and the corresponding 4WD system, and are already negative about this progress and evolution but its a logical application that obviously works.

The question is how will that poor Diesel switching on and off all the time not carbonize and cause a multitude of depollution faults. Call me a pesimist.....

Once they have a strong enough Li Ion or Polymer battery pack [ or whatever new and more efficient technology that comes out ], they will apply it to the front and get rid of the combustion engine sooner rather than later. Scary...

Could this spell the end of the Hoon as we know it ?

Will the F1 races be ear plug free ? I hope not...
    I agree with your assessment of the technology and where it is heading.
    End of the hoon? Very much doubt it! The tech savy electrical nerds will have a multitude of was to enhance the performance of electric vehicles and as for the noise... Apparently, at recent Isle of Man motorcycle races where they run a class for electric bikes now, the sound is quite infectious according to some. Its different and will take getting used to but there is still noise from all the high speed electronic switching that occurs. Certainly no rumble and pop but it wont be a total loss. In a few years time, we will have forgotten what all the fuss was about and be just as passionate about our 'toys'

2011 Peugeot 207 HDi Touring Outdoor

2004 Peugeot 206 XT 1.6 Manual.

Past: 1953 Thames 100E van, 1966 Austin 1800, 1972 XA Falcon V8, 1973 Peugeot 504,
    1984 Mitsubishi Colt, Holden HX Kingswood, 1983 Toyota Corolla XX, 1988 Toyota Corolla 4WD, 2007 Peugeot 307XSE. + various company Falcauriodores.

Next: 2007 Peugeot 407HDi Coupe

you might want to use a google translator on this because the article is in dutch:

http://www.kijk.nl/nieuws/batterijen...olstofbuisjes/

the new thing is going to be carbon fiber nanotubes. Advantages with this technology that they can make out of anything a battery. Even the car itself can become a battery.
    www.peugeotforum.be
    Belgium Peugeot Club

Very interesting. I wonder about the diesel emissions problems he mentioned in the video - sure the 'old diesel' trucks and buses spew black muck out but do the new diesel cars? My 3008 HDI doesn't emit anything visible and neither did my previous 3 series BMW, but I don't really know if they do pollute heavily. What do you think?
    I continue to feel frustrated that because we have such a small market, and there are relatively few French cars here any new technology models like this fill me with trepidation because if anything does need attention: lets face it and be brutally honest, 'they' usually can't fix it. God knows what would happen when (yes: when, not if) we had one of these and a fault occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkev414 View Post
    Very interesting. I wonder about the diesel emissions problems he mentioned in the video - sure the 'old diesel' trucks and buses spew black muck out but do the new diesel cars? My 3008 HDI doesn't emit anything visible and neither did my previous 3 series BMW, but I don't really know if they do pollute heavily. What do you think?
    I continue to feel frustrated that because we have such a small market, and there are relatively few French cars here any new technology models like this fill me with trepidation because if anything does need attention: lets face it and be brutally honest, 'they' usually can't fix it. God knows what would happen when (yes: when, not if) we had one of these and a fault occurred.
    The HDi's are very clean engines. The 3008 HDi with the 6 speed box has a CO2 g/km of only 135 which is really low for that size of car. As an example the Petrol 1.6 Turbo is 167. Another good comparison is someting like a Honda Jazz, which is a butter box, gives out 123 CO2 g/km from its 1.2 engine... The FAP filters trap any soot so you'll never see the slightest smoke even at full throttle.

Thread Information