406 Radio LOCKED OUT - Help
  • Register
  • Help

Default 406 Radio LOCKED OUT - Help

I have the code (four numbers?) but locked it (three flat lines appear now) trying to enter them. How do I fix it.

Thanks.

oh, and how do i enter them as well next time!

Advertisement
    Last edited by 750frog; 19th September 2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: additional text

Sounds like that's not the code. Which model radio is it? Mine has a Eurovox unit with a 6 digit code that I was able to find written on a sticker on the chassis of the unit, after I had pulled it out a bit. I think a previous owner had it serviced. It's not likely, but perhaps you might be in luck?
    Current:
    1999 406SV (D8)
    Previous:
    1986 BX19GT

I did this once.

Once you have entered the wrong code three time, the unit is locked out until you get the manufacturer to unlock it. Your correct code cannot now unlock it. Call the manufacturer (eurovox is probably it) and give them your code. You should also have a serial number with the books and you might need to quote this for an unlock code. I think they have a set charge. You can download a form from their website and 'declare' that the unit is legally yours, pay a $20.00 search fee and they send you an unlock.... Although this was 10 years ago that I had to do it.

Alternatively. buy a new head-unit. For under $200 you can get something much better than ever offered in a 406. If you are wanting an old one, grab one from 'The French Connection' they would have a few with their books and codes.....

Yesterday I removed the unit from my wife's 306. The new unit cost $170 and is infinitely better.
    I am not into getting the latest and greatest of anything, but when it comes to music, ipod compatibility, USB ports, AUX ports, etc. new is good
    Current Beasts:
    '89 405 Mi16
    '98 406 ST TD Wagon
    '90 405 MI16
    '67 Morris Mini

Recent Pugs..
    '94 306 XR
    '01 306 XT
    '98 306 XT

yeah, but i have the six stack in the boot of the car already! damn!

Well, no - relax a little.

From my Eurovox code card:

1. Turn ignition switch to Accessories. Turn unit on, digit 1 will appear in display.
    2. Via the 6 Memory Address Buttons, enter code. As each digit is entered, it will be acknowledged in the display.
    3. If the code is entered correctly, the unit will operate after a few seconds delay. If after a few seconds delay the unit does not operate, the digit 2 will appear in the display.
    4. Enter code numbers again. If after a few seconds delay the unit does not operate, digit 3 will appear.
    5. If incorrect code numbers are entered for a third time, the display shows ó ó ó as an indication that the unit must be left for one hour with power connected before codes can be entered again.
    Mine had a code with four numbers as well. Six digit codes were only on some models.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

UFO

Usually the number you push of the code does not display. It is the sequence of the digit that displays.

ie: code is 3246, so you need to push 3246 as the code. Here is what would happen:

push 3 and 1 will display
    push 2 and 2 will display
    push 4 and 3 will display
    push 6 and 4 will display, followed by a pause then functionality.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default no radio! hopefully fixed... :)

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    Usually the number you push of the code does not display. It is the sequence of the digit that displays.

ie: code is 3246, so you need to push 3246 as the code. Here is what would happen:

push 3 and 1 will display
    push 2 and 2 will display
    push 4 and 3 will display
    push 6 and 4 will display, followed by a pause then functionality.
    AHA! now it makes sense! I was trying to get the number to type onto the screen! now i realise how it stuffed up!

Will try again this arvo

Thanks peeps.

All fixed.

Just left it with accessories turned on in the driveway for an hour, then came back and entered the code!

Sweet. Being a muso I need tunes or I start to go a little crazy! Thanks for the help.

Thread Information